• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone slow to ring

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
My wife has a Revolution by LG Verizon phone. Recently, we have noticed that it doesn't ring until about halfway through the connection. First we hear a "Verizon greeting," then it vibrates, and finally it rings about three times. Since she often has the phone in the other room, she doesn't hear the ring before the call goes to voice mail, which means she usually has to call back. This is a fairly new hiccup, so I am wondering if the phone is just getting old or if somehow she has changed a setting.

Any ideas?

See if theres a setting called Ascending Ringtone or something.
have you tried changing the tone :thumbup:

There was no ascending ring tone option on her phone (at least, none that I could find) and she's been using the same ringtone throughout.

I did a test call from my phone a few minutes ago. My phone had three rings before hers did anything, then hers vibrated, and finally it rang for about three rings (three on my phone).

Her phone has been slowing down in general recently, so I don't know if this is simply another symptom of that. I'm trying to convince her to let me restore her phone to the factory setting and then restore everything.

It could be something on the device causing it or the phone itself you can reset it if it still does it it's a bad phone!

It could even be a problem with the carrier or sim. Does the phone show any signs of recieving a call when you hear the first ring at your end? i.e, is it just the actual ringtone that doesnt kick in until 3rings or is the phone not lighting up, reacting at all untill 3rings?

You could change the slot cycle index. That sets the interval the phone polls the tower to see if any info (phone call, text) is available. It varies from phone to phone and most involve entering a service menu via a #*# code. Sorry, I don't know the specific code for the Revolution. A Google search revels some possibilities.

Remember: Setting the slot cycle index to a more frequent polling time will decrease your battery life. Also, be careful when using service menus. Changing the wrong setting could brick your phone.

Back
Top Bottom