• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures not showing up after phone being off for awhile

bliztic

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
I know this has been posted before but I have searched all different types of word combos on Google but to no avail have I found someone that meets my criteria on my issue.

I moved on from the Galaxy Nexus to the Moto X awhile ago and I just kept all of my old pictures on the Nexus and told myself I would eventually back them up since the phone still worked and had no issues.

Well it eventually turned off and has been off for a couple months most likely and I just decided to charge it again so that my 2 year old could mess around with it. Well I go to the gallery and only 16 of my hundreds of pictures/videos I know I had are showing up.

I have never rooted this phone so I know it shouldn't have anything to do with a .nomedia file. I have tried using apps such as Rescan SD Card and no luck. Tried pulling the battery multiple times no luck. When I connect it vai USB to my computer in the .thumbnails folder I can see the tumbnails of pics/vids that are not showing up in gallery but still only 16 pics in gallery. I have also tried seeing if different apps could see the pics like Vaulty or QuickPic and still nothing. Have also tried recovery software on the computer with USB debugger turned on phone and the phone doesn't even show up but I read in another thread that it has to do with some type of file transfer protocols or something is why.

I know I'm dumb for not backing up sooner and it's not the end of the world if I don't get these pics back but there were a lot of when my little girl was born and the first year of her life that I would like to get back.

Any ideas or thoughts on stuff I could try? This is a Verizon Nexus running on 4.2.2

It sounds like you have done everything you can. I wish I could help. I do not understand why something like this would happen except for the fact that going a couple of months or so without power; but it still doesn't make much sense. The only thing I can think of in a long shot is some sort of powerful magnet coming close to your phone?

But even though I see you joined four years ago before making a post, I still will give you my welcome to the site :hello: I hope someone else will come along with an answer for you.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones