• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help! Stuck on Htc Evo 4g Boot Screen

ok try clockwork mod 2.6

edit:the white screen with the htc logo. is what is called a splash screen. just because it shows up does not mean anything bad particularly. however, like it happened before and it is on that screen for a long period of time, then that is bad. white screen is normal. give it 5-10 minutes.

Upvote 0
I had another idea. if cwm2.6 does not work. see if your phone will recognize this file: PC36IMG.zip (oh yeah almost for got, so to post a link just copy the link and paste in your reply.) this is the sprint lover's rom in a img form. if it works you will have your phone up to date as far as radios and software. also you should have a working phone again. the only thing you will not have is a custom recovery. if it works you can try one of two things to get recovery back:
1.try again with PC36IMG.zip for either amon ra 2.3 or cwm2.6
2.download rom manager from the market and then select flash alternative recovery.

should in theory work, unless your phone will not see the img file again.

crosses fingers

keep us posted

Upvote 0
tried loading the sprint lovers rom.. it recognized it and unzipped it into the phone but still nothing. goes straight back to white evo 4g boot screen. I also tried pushing recovery after saying no to rebooting the phone when flashing the recoveries u gave to me and still nothing. Also tried wiping cache and rebooting and still same white screen.

Upvote 0
It is not activated at the moment as well

ok then we need some more information on where the state of the phone is at. pull the battery out and back in or power off, then press and hold power+vol down. this will get you to the bootloader. can you just enter the information on this screen? once we have that info then we can move forward.

Upvote 0
Ok I did that it rebooted up to the home screen I have a status bar at the top and a colored screen but nothing wants to respond the buttons home search menu is that normal

ok lets try and see we if we can install another rom. so my suggestion is to flash mikg3.0 which is a far better then stock. it is sense 2.1 and sense 3.0 and blazing fast and stable.

1. download this file:
http://bit.ly/t7mNkh

and also this file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8709935/ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip

2. connect the pc and phone via usb and set it as disk drive

3.transfer both files over to the card

4.power off then press and hold power+vol down

5.select recovery

6.select nandroid and select backup
a.make sure that you select the first three and also wimax

7.go back to the main menu and select wipe

8.wipe dalvik cache, cache and data

9.back to the main menu and select install sdcard

10.navigate to superwipe file by using vol up and down and select it by using the power button.

11.after that is done then find the rom and select it as well.

12.reboot the phone when done.

hopefully this should work. if you want a different rom let me know, but i think that you will like mikg3.0

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I cant seem to get my evo to sync with with my computer I have the downloads ready but cant get the fone to cooperate

so your computer does not see you phone? you can try doing it in recovery. in amon ra 2.3 you can select usb-ms toggle with your phone hooled to your computer. try that way andd see if that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones