• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help with contacts

kangdroid

i was messing around this morning with view contacts. i was deleting contacts stored on the phone and placing them into google contacts. it says that i have 252 google contacts, but i can get them to display them anymore. i've checked all the boxes. i've rebooted the phone. please help...

goto gmail.com on your pc. Then go to contacts. Move them from "all conacts" to "My Conacts"

Then, on your phone, open "People" menu -> View, and check Google Contacts.

Do you have backupassistant? IF so could possibly run it and see if you can get them back that way.

If all contacts are up to date in gmail then delete all contacts from your phone if any left, then run sync again to see if it will send them to phone. It's a stretch but worth a shot.

thanks for the input...i guess i had to be a little patient. i don't know why it took so much time to sync/update/whatever. i was really stressing. i have my contacts now. THANKS.

Also good to occasionally do an EXPORT of contacts and save them for an emergency backup if ever needed in the future

I've run into the same problem. I have one contact that is not showing up in my People list. If I search for the name, it shows up. But it doesn't show up in the list automatically. I have done a sync several times. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom