• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your 4G(lol) data speeds (Atrix only)

I used the Speakeasy test my connection at home is only 2 meg down and half meg up... I consistently hit 1.7 download and around 400kbs for the upoad on my computer so the site is pretty accurate.

I did this with the Atrix this morning...

341397805_photobucket_8901_.jpg

Upvote 0
http://www.speedtest.net/android/38180989.png

Bell Atrix with Bell Sim. Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.

I went to my local Bell shop and they refuse to display the Atrix until the 17th...I don't know why.:(As for the speeds, I understand the Bell version does not have a cap and HSUPA as well as HSPA+ works fine. Did you notice if the display shows a 3G/H/H+ in the notification bar?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I went to my local Bell shop and they refuse to display the Atrix until the 17th...I don't know why.:(As for the speeds, I understand the Bell version does not have a cap and HSUPA as well as HSPA+ works fine. Did you notice if the display shows a 3G/H/H+ in the notification bar?

Not sure about the Bell version .. but my ATT version shows "H+" on Rogers. See here: Link.

Upvote 0
I work @ a Bell dealer. It's most definitely a Bell Atrix.
I did 3 tests and it was all in around what I posted.

Lucky you!!! I was going to ask you to hook me up...but there's no point to it now :p

Strange though since it looks like your Atrix has an HSUPA cap. When I talked to the rep, he said Bell did not cap its HSUPA like AT&T did. I even ran some speed test to 'confirm' and I got between 1.5-2Mbps for UL. The rep said he has gotten up to 3Mbps on UL a few times too. Do you think it's the area you're in? I mean what about the other Bell smartphones, are you getting the same UL speed.

Well...we'll see tomorrow when other members chime in on their new Bell Atrix, lol.

Upvote 0
On March 10 I posted Speedtest.net results for three tests each at 5:30, 8:15 and midnight with my new Atrix 4G on AT&T. On those tests I had H+ and two bars. The results averaged:

0.97 down, 0.28 up, ping 317

Shortly thereafter I returned the Atrix 4G. Today I ran three tests each at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00 with my new (bought used) MyTouch 3G on T-Mobile. I also used Speedtest.net. I always had 3G, but only one or two bars. My averages were:

1.71 down, 0.57 up, ping 135.

All the tests were run in my home office which is on the center and ground floor of a two-story building. Outdoors both phones gave me much better bandwidth, although I did not run tests. That my bandwidth is roughly twice as good on a two-year old 3G phone is testament to the fact that AT&T has deliberately throttled the Atrix 4G. (See other threads for the facts.)

Upvote 0
I downloaded the speed test app and just ran it, I don't know if the server changes automatically every time or not but I am in CA and the server is in KS. However, it says thats the closest server...now I am confused.

I got 1.6 down, 264 up and a 606ms ping and 4 out of 5 bars.

Switching to an AZ server (listed as being far away for some reason)
I got 1.5 down, 155 up and 533ms ping with 4 out of 5 bars

Going to the speakeasy speed test in my phones browser:
2.69 up and 0.24 down choosing a CA based server. If I choose something close to KS my speeds bomb.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the speed test app and just ran it, I don't know if the server changes automatically every time or not but I am in CA and the server is in KS. However, it says thats the closest server...now I am confused.

I had that experience at first as well. Every time I launched it I would see that it was retrieving a list of servers, but it always defaulted to Wichita. I suspect that there is a bug and it's not always accessing the GPS so it doesn't know where you are. After a dozen times or so it suddenly listed my city at the top of the list. But then it went back to Wichita for a few times. Lately it has been reliably using my city.

The strange thing is that the speeds I get from distant places are almost as good as the speeds I get from the local server. I'm sure there are people here who understand the cell system better than I do and can explain why that might happen.

Upvote 0
Any of you guys do any recent tests? I just got the phone and heard there was an update to the network awhiles back.

I just did a couple runs for the heck of it, phone is on HSPA with both arrows, pretty sure that means HSPA+. Im in South FL, here are the results

Test 1:
3.75 mbps DOWN
1.08 mbps UP

Test 2:
2.75 mbps DOWN
1.09 mbps UP

Test 3:
3.63 DOWN
1.08 UP

These speeds are actually faster than my home network speeds that are capped at 3.0 Down and 0.30 Up :eek:

I also did a couple test in the college library wifi on my atrix and got this...

13.97 mbps DOWN
26.28 mbps UP

Upvote 0
Any of you guys do any recent tests? I just got the phone and heard there was an update to the network awhiles back.

I just did a couple runs for the heck of it, phone is on HSPA with both arrows, pretty sure that means HSPA+. Im in South FL, here are the results

Test 1:
3.75 mbps DOWN
1.08 mbps UP

Test 2:
2.75 mbps DOWN
1.09 mbps UP

Test 3:
3.63 DOWN
1.08 UP

These speeds are actually faster than my home network speeds that are capped at 3.0 Down and 0.30 Up :eek:

I also did a couple test in the college library on my atrix and got this...

13.97 mbps DOWN
26.28 mbps
UP

That had to be on wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones