• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

Thx. I just have more time to kill. xD
The reason why I'm looking for the best launcher, with Nova's stability plus Total's freedom to place icons and Smart's lightness is because I am developing this software myself, but I'm still facing a lot of bugs, and the final product is still far from its release. I've achieved the desirable low battery usage, but there is a persistent lag, although it's fair on RAM.
I have to make a splash in this world before I leave it. This and another app I'm working on will be my best shots, after a long life of mistakes.
Peace, you all.
If you need someone to help you test your software, I'd be glad to assist you in this process. Just let me know okay?

Upvote 0
If you need someone to help you test your software, I'd be glad to assist you in this process. Just let me know okay?
You and @funkylogik will be the first, after myself and my son, who is the programmer involved (or almost involved, because the kid got his hands full working like a dog and finishing his doctoring at the same time). Must say the idea behind the launcher is disarmingly simple and completely sound. I can antecipate it's gonna be a two click theming stuff but, unlike Themer or Buzz, wich are good to the eyes but kill the resources, it will not rely on tons of widgets and, before its release, the coding will be cleaned and revised to exaustion. I can't admit a simple launcher to use more than (and at most) 60 MB, or to be in the top ten battery drainers list. Themer, Buzz, Vire, Go, all of them use 180-200, and swallow the battery. Go isn't even eye catching.
I face other obstacles, too. Here in the S of third world garbage everything is hard to get and expensive. President and her mob ruined the finances, you know? Only our women are still in good shape but, for an old man like me, it means nothing.:saddroid: :D
Have a good weekend! Peace.
*Edit
For not being tricked by this duplicate bug, wait 20 seconds after hitting "publish", then refresh the page. I know this forum template very well, as it is the same one used in the most famous brazilian forum, called "Fórum Outer Space".

Upvote 0
You and @funkylogik will be the first, after myself and my son, who is the programmer involved (or almost involved, because the kid got his hands full working like a dog and finishing his doctoring at the same time). Must say the idea behind the launcher is disarmingly simple and completely sound. I can antecipate it's gonna be a two click theming stuff but, unlike Themer or Buzz, wich are good to the eyes but kill the resources, it will not rely on tons of widgets and, before its release, the coding will be cleaned and revised to exaustion. I can't admit a simple launcher to use more than (and at most) 60 MB, or to be in the top ten battery drainers list. Themer, Buzz, Vire, Go, all of them use 180-200, and swallow the battery. Go isn't even eye catching.
I face other obstacles, too. Here in the S of third world garbage everything is hard to get and expensive. President and her mob ruined the finances, you know? Only our women are still in good shape but, for an old man like me, it means nothing.:saddroid: :D
Have a good weekend! Peace.
*Edit
For not being tricked by this duplicate bug, wait 20 seconds after hitting "publish", then refresh the page. I know this forum template very well, as it is the same one used in the most famous brazilian forum, called "Fórum Outer Space".
That explains why I see duplicate posts...I never use any forum for IM proposes as I am on xda mostly and jump back and forth between the two.
I would say Nova is by far my favorite launcher, maybe because I've been using it for years and I'm comfortable with it, but also because it's easy to use. LL Launcher, Total and SS are extremely customizable, but also pretty complicated for an average user. I don't have concerns about RAM because I have a new OPO, but with a custom ROM, battery concerns are a high priority for me. I welcome the opportunity to test out a new launcher, I have a lot of free time on my hands. Are you going to open a new thread here or do you have a preference of IM apps?
Is your time zone the birthplace of Carnival (I use to live in New Orleans) and wondered how posting comments and replies to you would work...let me know okay?

Upvote 0
We're working on the duplicates and the lag, sorry gang!
"No lag or duplicates thus far,' he said, knowing that he had just wished bad luck upon himself. lol
My tribute to Andi " Mr. Google" Android!
6b7548fb9f341f27da67e9e2e25f4c06.jpg

Upvote 0
The guys who develop my ROM (Blisspop 3.6-5.1 1 bacon) turned me on to LL Launcher and I checked it out. Its by far the nicest launcher I've seen but I would not recommended it to beginners (not saying 'you' are.) Its light and fast and very customizable but its complex and very complicated if you don't know what you're doing. I want to switch over because honestly nova is somewhat limited compared to the others. Just hate leaving something I know so well ya know?
Sorry to take this off topic but the Bliss team have a really bad reputation for kanging and their members distributing pirated apps, just FYI.
Love your Andi screen btw. I just love that logo :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: Purerawenergy
Upvote 0
Are you going to open a new thread here or do you have a preference of IM apps?
Is your time zone the birthplace of Carnival (I use to live in New Orleans) and wondered how posting comments and replies to you would work...let me know okay?
Slow pace, slow food, slow messaging... lol.
My time zone is Brasília's, GMT -3:00. I live in São Paulo, a stupidity with more than 12.000.000 inhabitants, a chaotic traffic jam, a lot of polution, noisy and crowded as hell. But I was born here, and kinda like it. I've lived in the US for 2 years, in Rockville, a nice city in MD. I miss that time and place so much. Only after living there I could understand why americans love their country more than any people in this world.
On topic: your last two jobs are outstanding. You know what? You are possibly the busiest guy into customization I've ever seen. Every day a new screen.
Peace!

Reactions: Purerawenergy
Upvote 0
Sorry to take this off topic but the Bliss team have a really bad reputation for kanging and their members distributing pirated apps, just FYI.
Love your Andi screen btw. I just love that logo :thumbsupdroid:

I try to stay away from all of the politics, but I will say that they make a very stable and the most highly customizable ROM which gets updated as soon as CM commits are made available. Like most things in our world that are created (and people go nuts for) envy seems to take hold and rumors start flying (most times) without any tangible evidence. From what I've seen, they give credit where it's due and to anyone that deserves it. Besides (as Taylor Swift so eloquently sings) haters gonna hate, hate hate hate hate hate.
And I'm sure if they were "pirating" and distributing apps like some people say, xda (and other sites) would not allow them to maintain their many threads and promptly kick them to the curb. An example of that would be Lucky Patcher, you can't even make reference to that app and I wouldn't be surprised if this post gets flagged by the moderators on this site.
Anyway, just one honest guys opinion and if you could ever view my Google Play Store receipts, you'd find hundred of dollar$ worth of paid apps and donations as I appreciate peoples hard work and support all those who are involved in software or app development.
-I'm not part of the development team, just a grateful recipient of their ROM -

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Slow pace, slow food, slow messaging... lol.
My time zone is Brasília's, GMT -3:00. I live in São Paulo, a stupidity with more than 12.000.000 inhabitants, a chaotic traffic jam, a lot of polution, noisy and crowded as hell. But I was born here, and kinda like it. I've lived in the US for 2 years, in Rockville, a nice city in MD. I miss that time and place so much. Only after living there I could understand why americans love their country more than any people in this world.
On topic: your last two jobs are outstanding. You know what? You are possibly the busiest guy into customization I've ever seen. Every day a new screen.
Peace!

I don't really believe most of what I hear in the news, but during the commercial breaks of the "World Cup" they couldn't talk enough about the corruption within the Brazilian government and how monies that were supposed to be allocated to meet the desperate needs of the people of Brazil, went into the pockets of Brazilian officials. Given the state of affairs there, it seems like a crime of humanity if that's true and in my book, those types of people have a special place waiting for them in hell.
My best friend here in Miami has relatives in Rockville. Small world huh?
And yes, I have A LOT of time on my hands. I recently was able to get out of my wheelchair that has confined me for months. I wrecked my bike and broke my neck which resulted in temporary paralysis. Due to the area of my spinal cord injury everything from the neck down was affected, but I'm a fighter and can now walk again on crutches. Doing customizations is actually a form of occupational therapy as my hands and arms were affected as well. So in between physical therapy for my lower extremities, I work on my dexterity by using my phone to make and post these screenshots and I do as many as I'm able to throughout spasms and twitching.
I'm extremely grateful and blessed and apologize for taking this so off topic and didn't share this testimony for pity or sympathy. As mentioned its a blessing to still be here and superbikes are extremely dangerous so always wear a helmet and operate with extreme caution. That's the message I want to convey.

Upvote 0
I don't really believe most of what I hear in the news, but during the commercial breaks of the "World Cup" they couldn't talk enough about the corruption within the Brazilian government and how monies that were supposed to be allocated to meet the desperate needs of the people of Brazil, went into the pockets of Brazilian officials. Given the state of affairs there, it seems like a crime of humanity if that's true and in my book, those types of people have a special place waiting for them in hell.
And yes, I have A LOT of time on my hands. I recently was able to get out of my wheelchair that has confined me for months. I wrecked my bike and broke my neck which resulted in temporary paralysis. Due to the area of my spinal cord injury everything from the neck down was affected, but I'm a fighter and can now walk again on crutches. Doing customizations is actually a form of occupational therapy as my hands and arms were affected as well. So in between physical therapy for my lower extremities, I work on my dexterity by using my phone to make and post these screenshots and I do as many as I'm able to throughout spasms and twitching.
I'm extremely grateful and blessed and apologize for taking this so off topic and didn't share this testimony for pity or sympathy. As mentioned its a blessing to still be here and superbikes are extremely dangerous so always wear a helmet and operate with extreme caution. That's the message I want to convey.
Watch out for the dang Mailman!! I got T-boned by the mailman on mine and the only reason (I believe) I didn't get paralyzed was my armored/padded Joe Rocket moto jacket. And yes, the full mask helmet saved my skull & face from being destroyed too. Broke almost every bone on my R side in multiple places. My condolences @Purerawenergy, I understand most of what you're dealing with.

Upvote 0
Watch out for the dang Mailman!! I got T-boned by the mailman on mine and the only reason (I believe) I didn't get paralyzed was my armored/padded Joe Rocket moto jacket. And yes, the full mask helmet saved my skull & face from being destroyed too. Broke almost every bone on my R side in multiple places. My condolences @Purerawenergy, I understand most of what you're dealing with.
Oh great! I just found out the "Milkman" was my father (according to Maury Povich) and now I have to watch out for the Mailman! Damn @bcrichster!
Seriously though, thanks for understanding brother, you know it's a potential death sentence every time you climb on one. If it were up to me I'd make it mandatory for anyone buying a bike like that to take a professional defensive driving course in operating a motorcycle.
Well enough off topic for me. Thanks for letting me say this and God bless you all! Ride safe!

Upvote 0
And it looks like the multiple post bug finally bit me. lol
Ha it gets us all eventually.
Do you get the post doesn't post and is lost forever bug? I'm now in habit of copying my long replies to clipboard before posting and it's a killer when I forget and it doesn't post lol!
And never apologise for expressing yourself amongst friends buddy :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Got this theme from Purerawenergy's tried to make it similar to what he had but small changes. sorry for copying yours but this theme is pretty good & is on sale for .99 cents...
11b5jpe.png
Metal Chrome is awesome isn't it? And no need to say your sorry bro. As @funkylogic just beautifully stated, you don't have to apologize for expressing yourself. That means emotionally or with creativity. Create on!

Upvote 0
That's what I said: every day a new screen. I feel happy the meaning of these words has grown in significance since my last post.
*Edit
The maneuver to outplay the duplicate bug is always to wait a few seconds of this "non stop sort of limbo animation after hitting the publish button" to do its thing and then refresh the page. Your post will be there, although the answer box won't get empty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I said: every day a new screen. I feel happy the meaning of these words has grown in significance since my last post.
*Edit
The maneuver to outplay the duplicate bug is always to wait a few seconds of this "non stop sort of limbo animation after hitting the publish button" to do its thing and then refresh the page. Your post will be there, although the answer box won't get empty.
I didn't ask this before, but is this a bug within AF's "App" or the forum itself? Because I use Tapatalk. Actually, to stay in line with my 'transparent' theme thoughout my entire device, I use an older version of Tap which has been themed to look transparent. And the trick you mentioned (by backing out after you press 'send') worked for me yesterday, otherwise there would have been 8 posts, so I was curious.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones