• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Use to have a fair Ford - Mercury dealer by me, but they closed. The next closest Ford dealer was a 100% ripoff. They were such a ripoff I tried to find a Ford Detroit email to report them.
The dealership I've used the last 10 years has been pretty good to me, even though they are technically 5 different dealers (brands). I bought a Ram, Toyota, and the latest, a Ford. My wife wanted a Lexus for her last car, so I had to go to another dealer for that, but in the Luxury car segment, if you can afford it, they treat you well.

I'll never have anything bad to say about my Ram 1500. I keep cars for 10+ years, so the aluminum body of the Ford was appealing with all the salt on the roads up here.
I'm on number three and I'm with you, good trucks. I take care of them and usually keep them a decade or so. I'm currently driving a 2014. Since I'm simi retired, it's not seeing the miles accumulate nearly so fast now. It has had zero problems and I don't anticipate any problems. I noticed recently that the cruise control can't be engaged. It's rare that the truck is on the highway so it's not a big deal. I expect other little items like that to start quitting me. The truck owe me nothing and is still fun to drive. I won't be buying another anytime soon.

On my Ram I had 225000 miles on it. Had to replace ball joints. water pump 3 times, brakes 3 times, catalytic coverter, exhaust system once, oxygen sensor, alternator and battery 3 times. I think that was it.

One time when I replaced the battery I went in for a pollution test. I had no idea changing the battery would reset what they test and got accused of trying to get by on the pollution test. I really got pissed, I wasn't trying to bypass the test, a supervisor had to come and calm thing down. The supervisor believed me and explained what changing the battery did.

More vintage audio gear:

Sony DAV-HDX265 5-DVD Home Theatre System. I recently reorganized my living room entertainment centre, and I had some silver-faced 2000s stuff mixed with charcoal grey 1990s stuff mixed with sleek black 2010-era stuff. Finally getting that to be all one colour and every device organized by era meant I had to make some silver-faced 2000s stuff fit into my bedroom centre, so I went out to Goodwill and got this rather unique disc changer/amp for $8, and along with a silver-faced DVD/VCR combo that still works for another $8, plus my 80s Technics dual-cassette deck, it all matches up there now.

While it looks nice in a black cabinet all matched up, I never understood what it was with all the silver/chrome-faced designs of 2004-2005, it ages poorly.

Living room got a Kenwood 2-tape cassette deck ($20), a tiny little Sony DVD/CD Player ($5) and the house got a 1960s-era West Bend automatic humidifier ($4).

Also got a slew of PC-sized Blu-Ray players, and I mean these things are massive. Made in 2007-8, no internet port or support (not needed but odd for a Blu-Ray player). They all play Blu-Rays fine, but refuse outright to load a DVD...They got the DVD Video logo on them but apparently don't support them.

I purchased a new 4' X 6' American flag for my flagpole. The flag I was flying had become frayed. I took it to the my local VFW to have it properly destroyed.
Flag.jpg

It should be burned. The VFW will have a short ceremony as well. Most posts will have a drop box for retired flags.
I thought flag burning was a thing people who hated America or what it stood for did in protest? When did that change?

Some even did it in protest to the Vietnam War back in the '60s.

I was brought up by people old enough to believe that flag burning was anti-American. My great grandparents pretty much raised me (which is where I likely get my love for old things from).

Back
Top Bottom