• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Powermat for DX yet

i will stick to plugging it in to avoid that nub. i aint that lazy.
This. Not to mention that I would have to find a spot for the mat, and would only be able to charge my phone there. Induction charging is definitely an awesome idea, but I don't think it's ready just yet.

Yes I bought it and them subsequently returned it the next day... Sucks and the back door doesn't set in all that great and felt like it would fall off. Didn't leave it on longer than 2 minutes to give it all that much time...

I was excited to see that there was a PowerMat for the DX out, but then I looked it up and there is no way I would by that turd. From the reviews I read, it sounds like the back barely stays on, and the nub sticking out the side is just plain ******ed. Talk about killing pocketability.

The main season I would buy a Powermat is the fact we have multiple phones in our household. Would make it easy to have ONE source for charging instead of 4 cords plugged in.......who-knows-where :)

What is this "nub"?

Just read a little bit about this thing. Evidently you have to pay for adapters for each device you want to charge? Let's say you found a mat for $70. Plus $30 for each additional device to charge? Yup, i think i will stick to the charger(s) that came with the phone(s).

I have an extended battery so not really worth it for me. Is plugging it in really that hard? haha

This. Not to mention that I would have to find a spot for the mat, and would only be able to charge my phone there. Induction charging is definitely an awesome idea, but I don't think it's ready just yet.
When phones and other devices have the required hardware built-in instead of being retro-fitted is when the technology will be more useful and wide spread.

The powermat is a really cool idea, but until the technology is out there that works without a bulky add-on, I will not be participating in this at all. I like my holdster case too much...

the concept is cool but theres three strikes against it.

1. back cover

2. sticking out nub

and most of all

3. PRICE

I have a friend who has a powermat and loves it. Personally I never understood it. They're expensive and, if anything, I'd rather buy an actual dock for my phone instead of this. Really not digging that nub

yeah but you still have to plug the Power Cube into your phone...that REALLY defeats the purpose.

If they came out with a powermat case like they did for the, dare I say, *phone...then I would get it. It's a silicone case that slides over both ends of the phone...so it's a case and a powermat charger.

With the DX dock, you can't use a case...with the powermat for DX, you can't use a case. I care more about protecting my phone from falls, then ease.

Google Image Result for http://www.macgear.com.au/129-473-thickbox/powermat-iphone-case.jpg

I developed a technology that powers my DX with my mojo. So I'm good to go unless Dr. Evil ever decides to steal my mojo!!!

If phone manufactures would stop putting the charging port on the side and move it to the bottom where it belongs these things would work much better.

Or just develop batteries that would do this without a tacky add-on.

The charging port on the side allows us to have landscape docks (which I like).

Being that I have a desktop and a car dock I see no need for this. What I wouldn't mind for the future is a universal desktop and car docks with the charging aspect of the power matt built in. This would mean I would never need to buy a new dock when I switch phones.

jcash3 is right. It needs to be built in to the hardware.

Most of you that "don't get the idea" of it are most likely "single without children". Not trying to bash here, just saying you aren't thinking "out of your own box". With multiple devices in one household this would be a godsend............IF it didn't cost so much ;)
I digress...

I am married with a 11 month old and another on the way... And I still wont use it simply because it reminds me of Apple. Gawdy crap, made for no purpose.

Back
Top Bottom