• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Premium suite update sprint galaxy sIII?

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Im just curious as to if anyone has seen or heard any rumors on the premium suite update hitting any of the big 4 top carriers with gsIII's anytime soon? Iv been seeing our friends across the pond as always have been getting it on several different carriers and still no premium suite love in the states that im aware of im currently rocking a gsIII on sprint and my fiance has her gsIII on t mobile and no dice on either end obviously so any comments or insight is appreciated thanks everyone :-)

Okay so finally the time has come for us sprint users with the gs III to get premium suite! :-) :-) now only to wait for the download to show, I just tried to pull it via kies but it said my current firmware does not support firmware initialization?! Iv never seen that before as my last firmware update was done via kies.. so I geuss il just wait patiently while at work all day thinking about the juicy goodness ahead since finally atleast one carrier so far in the states has released the premium suite update and thankfully I'm on that carrier :-) :-) :-) :-)

Download links have been up since this morning for the Odin install. Why wait for the OTA?

It runs pretty good

I just read something that sounded like the update wont be on Kies. Is that true or was it just a badly written article?

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm still unable to grab the update and on sprints own website under the sIII updates section it shows premium suite update rolling out starting today as reported In the phandroid news section as well...so what gives?!

I saw someone posted on the news article on here recently that he spoke to a sprint rep apparently and they said the information is wrong it won't be rolling out until friday... which idk how well I believe that because the website is as legitimate as it gets and it clearly states release date 04/24/2013! So Idk... but if anyone does happen to get it please do be sure to post on this thread and let us know!

Aparently people have recieved it OTA but roll-outs happen in geographical stages so like, even in a tiny "country" like the UK, updates happen in stages so that the servers can handle it so imagine that over a huge area like the US :thumbup:

Aparently people have recieved it OTA but roll-outs happen in geographical stages so like, even in a tiny "country" like the UK, updates happen in stages so that the servers can handle it so imagine that over a huge area like the US :thumbup:

Its actually selected randomly by serial number most of the time.

Google does it the same way

Ahh thanks mate. Dont know why i assumed it was geographical. Random is fairer :)
No worries. Common misconception ;)

Its the way most people assume they roll out. Whenever you see an OTA you'll see people posting things like "nothing here yet in Texas" or "I got it in southern California!"

The international versions will sometimes get rolled out by country, but within the country its still randomly by serial numbers

It normally rolls out over a period of about 3 to 4 weeks. I know one of the updates i received in a week of the release. Another update took almost a month. So you never know.

Lol i dont wana blow anyones buzz but other than testing the new features when i first got them, ive NEVER used them in real situations :)

Lol i dont wana blow anyones buzz but other than testing the new features when i first got them, ive NEVER used them in real situations :)

I have to agree. I've had multi-window on my rooted rom for about a month. It's interesting, but in day to day operations I've never used it. I suppose it might have it's uses, but I normally keep it off so I don't see the tab sticking out from the side.

I've seen no mention of the Panorama camera mentioned in this update, now that is really cool. I've taken a few interesting pictures with it. Since it's not been mentioned in the update, I'm glad I still have the .apk. For anyone who wants to check it out, here is the link.

Note: You do have to be rooted.

I have to agree. I've had multi-window on my rooted rom for about a month. It's interesting, but in day to day operations I've never used it. I suppose it might have it's uses, but I normally keep it off so I don't see the tab sticking out from the side.

I've seen no mention of the Panorama camera mentioned in this update, now that is really cool. I've taken a few interesting pictures with it. Since it's not been mentioned in the update, I'm glad I still have the .apk. For anyone who wants to check it out, here is the link.

Multiwindow can be useful, but i would really prefer it on my nexus 7. I think it would have more utility on a larger screen.

You can turn it on or off quickly just by holding the back button. That way the tab is there when you want it and gone when you don't.

As far as the panoramic camera, can you go into more detail?

Panorama I thought had been available for ages. Do you mean photosphere?

Edit: just saw your link. Yep photosphere

If you want a Panorama like camera, try this app. Tourwrist, its free in the Playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS50b3Vyd3Jpc3QiXQ..

Multiwindow can be useful, but i would really prefer it on my nexus 7. I think it would have more utility on a larger screen.

You can turn it on or off quickly just by holding the back button. That way the tab is there when you want it and gone when you don't.

As far as the panoramic camera, can you go into more detail?

Panorama I thought had been available for ages. Do you mean photosphere?

Edit: just saw your link. Yep photosphere

I agree, multi-window would be better on a 7 inch screen. Yep, I meant photosphere, I guess it's because it takes panorama pictures I got confused! (Note to self: Don't post so early in the morning :) )

I will say though, the 4.2 camera from my link takes some fantastic pictures and is super easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom