• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Premium suite update sprint galaxy sIII?

Okay thanks for that link bro ;-) now this may sound dumb but I'm not rooted and not quite sure how to go about doing that I read the instructions it seems pretty clear and simple but I don't understand quite how that would work since I'm not rooted that's where I get lost? Thanks again though I may just wait it out for this damn official ota to eventually arrive :-( lol

If you aren't rooted, you would follow instructions for post #1. But having said that, I agree with the other folks, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, wait for the OTA. IMO, there isn't anything that you just have to have that is worth the headache of messing up your phone.

If you aren't rooted, you would follow instructions for post #1. But having said that, I agree with the other folks, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, wait for the OTA. IMO, there isn't anything that you just have to have that is worth the headache of messing up your phone.

Just noticed you were a tpr fan :thumbup:

Just noticed you were a tpr fan :thumbup:

Yep, especially after Kenny helped me out by writing a special .zip for me to flash after I made my own rookie mistake. I was so excited to see that you could flash a file to incorporate call recording into the phone app directly. I maybe, kinda, shoulda noticed that it was for the international GS3, not Sprint. He saved me from having to factory reset. (My nanoid was from the stock rom, not TPR at the time) :(

Thanks again guys. Google framework when you say clear it that means clear the cache, data etc... for google play and google play services right? Lol sorry just wanna make sure I understand correctly!

Thanks again guys. Google framework when you say clear it that means clear the cache, data etc... for google play and google play services right? Lol sorry just wanna make sure I understand correctly!

Yep clear data. You'll have to re-sign Into the play store but it forces the phone to recheck for an update. Presumably it gets a new number in the update que because its an OTA fix for a number of devices.

This one uploadfromtaptalk1366944823862.jpg
Google Services Framework :thumbup: not playstore or anything.
Clear data, reboot then check for update. Its probably a total gambe but has worked for me :)

It works on nexus devices, the HTC devices I've had, and Samsung. Its pretty much a universal fix for getting another chance at an update

Well gentleman I cleared the data in google services framework reset my gsIII and searched for firmware and samsung updates and both showed nothing? :-( :-( iv never had such a delay in getting updates before I mean going into the second day technically which usually iv been able to pull the update normally within hours of it being officially posted on sprints website or when phandroid has made it public and then I got it within hours that's why I'm confused what's the hold up? I do appreciate the help though guys but unfortunately it didn't work :-( I'm definitely on sprint with a gsIII so idk :-(

Well gentleman I cleared the data in google services framework reset my gsIII and searched for firmware and samsung updates and both showed nothing? :-( :-( iv never had such a delay in getting updates before I mean going into the second day technically which usually iv been able to pull the update normally within hours of it being officially posted on sprints website or when phandroid has made it public and then I got it within hours that's why I'm confused what's the hold up? I do appreciate the help though guys but unfortunately it didn't work :-( I'm definitely on sprint with a gsIII so idk :-(

Try it every few days. Each time you so it you get a new number in the "lottery" so to speak

They roll out over a number of weeks, so I'm honestly not surprised you haven't gotten it in the first few days

Alrighty will do..and normally I wouldn't be as surprised either but iv always been very lucky I geuss to get every Android update some big some small within hours on some of my htc devices iv owned on sprint and samsung devices on sprint within hours of releasing... but il be sure to keep you guys posted thanks again :-) ps I have yet to see any word of anyone else posting they have recieved it either? :-( I know its not a detrimental update or anything but any update with something new is always nice and gets me a little excited since it kinda gives new excitement for a brief moment atleast lol

I'm right there with you, updates are always nice :)

As a rooted user, I had it as an option as soon as it was announced. I ran it for a few days and went back to AOSP

I attempted the download method Ramer mentioned and it worked like a charm. Currently running MD4 and all the bells and whistles that came with it.

Two days of waiting is more than I can stand. I'm an impatient person at times. xD

Just giving the heads up that the method Ramer mentions works just fine.

Edit: Just noticed that my phone feels a bit more responsive and has a faster load time for apps. The keyboard and Chomp SMS are appearing noticeably faster than usual. Facebook opens and loads new posts quicker and for some reason after the update I'm getting a hint of a cider aroma. Now I want cider.

Yeah I'm still seeing nothing and apparently a lot of us have yet to recieve the official ota if you look at the original news post on phandroid there's quite a few people claiming not to have gotten it yet and we have all been pushing update update update the past two days! So is it possible sprint pulled the update? If so il be absolutely LIVID!!!!

Alrighty will do..and normally I wouldn't be as surprised either but iv always been very lucky I geuss to get every Android update some big some small within hours on some of my htc devices iv owned on sprint and samsung devices on sprint within hours of releasing... but il be sure to keep you guys posted thanks again :-) ps I have yet to see any word of anyone else posting they have recieved it either? :-( I know its not a detrimental update or anything but any update with something new is always nice and gets me a little excited since it kinda gives new excitement for a brief moment atleast lol

I agree with you on updates! Always cool to explore what new software has to offer even if it's minor. Still nothing on my end here after checking twice today.

Yeah somethings definitely weird because the sprint website hasent changed but I'm still even now unable to get it? :-(

The QBking77 site has a download link for the update (same exact update you'd get from the OTA) and a very simple Youtube video for manually installing the MD4 premium suite update. Used it for the last two major updates, and have had zero issues. No rooting or any funky stuff is required.

Some interesing features are included in the update besides the multi window feature including a new toggle for the multi window feature. There's a new paper artist app, and a improved photo gallery.

Just remember this is for non rooted SPRINT S3's.

http://qbking77.com/news/sprint-sam...ficial-android-4-1-2-multi-window-update-md4/

I might just try that because I'm still unable to manually pull the update down I just checked again :-( :-( ;-(

I watched the video and the guy said I need an external sd card which I don't have. I'll either buy one or just be patient and wait for the ota update

Okay gentleman well I have been trying to check for update's ever since the 24th when the premium suite update was released with no such luck. So finally just a few minute's ago I tried the stock download zip file some of you have suggested and it has worked flawlessly. Sprint chat support was completely clueless in helping. The rep I spoke with asking him if the update was pulled off by sprint tried telling me even after I gave him the direct link to where sprint posted it on the 24th he tried telling me that build number was for the recently released s4 which has not even been released yet.. I was like wow are you serious? lol ughh anywho thanks to you fine gentleman I now have the multi view update thanks again guys!!

For everyone's viewing pleasure this just goes to show how some not all but some tech support rep's are completely clueless and very unhelpful.
My chat convo with the sprint rep about the multi view update released on the 24 of april.

Ray B: Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to help you today. Ray B: HI Bradley. Customer: hello ray Ray B: Please let me check. Customer: alright thank you. Customer: I seen on the sprint website time table for released update's for my specific device the update for premium suite has been finally released but as far as my knowledge goes through following android forums on the web hardly no one with a sprint galaxy s III has been able to pull the update down and iv been trying myself for the past few day's with no luck either. Ray B: Thank you for the details. Ray B: Please let me check. Customer: okay Ray B: Thank you for your patience, I will have the information shortly. Customer: okay thank you Ray B: Thank you for waiting Bradley. Ray B: Could you please confirm where on the sprint website you saw that? Customer: yes I can just a second. Ray B: Sure. Customer:
http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_on_your_Samsung_Galaxy_S_III/21bc852e-0a82-421e-b171-0ca21819cc73?&INTNAV&eq;SU:DP:HDIA
Customer: That's the direct link to the update being released posted on april 24,2013 via the sprint website Ray B: Please allow me a few moments. Customer: Okay thank you Ray B: You are welcome. Ray B: I am providing you some steps to check the current version. Ray B: Please follow and let me know. Ray B: From the home screen, tap Apps. Ray B: Scroll to and tap Settings. Ray B: Scroll to and tap About device. Ray B: The Android version and current Build number of the handset are displayed. Ray B: Please let me know the android version along with the baseband version. Customer: android version shows 4.1.2 and the baseband version shows L710vpbmb1 Ray B: Thank you. Customer: your welcome Ray B: I am providing you the steps. Ray B: Please check for any latest software updates. Ray B: Prior to that let me tell one thing. Ray B: As of now, there is no further version released for the S3. Customer: Ever since the 24th when I have checked it show's my system is currently up to date. But according to the official sprint website the premium suite update was released finally on april 24th,2013 and the build number is definitely different than mine. Ray B: Yes, that what I am showing. Customer: Okay I just wasn't sure if sprint released the update but then for some reason pulled it back because as far as I know hardly no one has been able to pull the new update down at all since it was released on the 24th. Ray B: I got it now. Ray B: Please let me explain. Ray B: We recently released the Galaxy S4 for which the build number is L710VPBMD4. Ray B: This is not for the S3. This is for the S4. Customer: That's incorrect because many international version's of the s3 got the premium suite update month's ago, the galaxy s4 will come stock with such features and the sprint website itself clearly state's galaxy s3 and show's the latest update released on the 24th and the previous update's we have all recieved Ray B: Bradley, I understand your concern. However, its also true that whenever an update is released it automatically sends the update over the air on your phone. Ray B: However, I am providing you some steps. Ray B: Please try if these steps help you in bringing the update. Ray B: Are you ready? Customer: yes Ray B: Please let me get the steps. Customer: okay Ray B: Prior to providing the steps, please note that if your phone accepts the update then it will deleet all the saved data in your phone. Customer: okay Ray B: Please back up the information before I provided you the steps. Customer: My phone is backed up via Samsung kie's on my computer Ray B: Thats great!!! Ray B: Bradley, it seems that you are an tech expert? Customer: somewhat yes. which is why im unable to understand why the update was released on the 24th it is now the 27th and still no one has been able to pull the update Ray B: From the home screen, tap Apps. Ray B: Scroll to and tap Settings. Ray B: Scroll to and tap System Update. Ray B: Tap Update Samsung Software. Ray B: Tap Check now. Ray B: If a system update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.

Otherwise, tap the Back key if no updates are found. Customer: These are the same step's iv been doing since the 24th and it just keep's showing my device is currently up to date. Which is false according to the direct sprint website. Ray B: Bradley, it seems that your phone is up to date. Ray B: However, still I recommend you to call our technical support team at 8882114727. Ray B: They will be able figure out this for you. Customer: okay thank you Ray B: I am adding the link on the note. Ray B: I am also providing you the interaction ID. Ray B: Please tell them to pick the link from the ID to check. Ray B: is that okay? Customer: yes Ray B: Thank you for waiting. Ray B: The Interaction ID is I262655197. Ray B: Please provide them the ID where I have mentioned the link. Ray B: Is there anything else I can assist you with today? Customer: nope that's it thank you Ray B: Thank you for choosing Sprint - we appreciate your business!

You?ll receive an email transcript of our chat within a couple of hours.

So ive been trying for days to get this on my phone. Its bone stock running the mb1. Ive tried the framework idea and nothing. Ive downloaded the file posted from several different sources thru 4g and wifi. Every single time i do it i get verification signature failed. Ive have tried doing it thru my phone and moving to external sd card. Ive tried to rename it to update so its says update .zip. Ive tried a different sd card. Ive tried to download it on my computer then transfer it to my external sd card. Every time i get the signature failed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mine worked like a charm the first time. Stock mb1 just like yourself. I used the update zip file previously posted on this thread from android central forums I believe. It was posted a few posts back and I didn't rename the file once I downloaded it either. I downloaded it on my pc saved it to my sd card then put my sd back into my phone did the stock recovery option hit update from sd and it worked like a charm. Try the zip file posted a few posts back from Android central.

Well it got farther. Now it says failed to verify whole signature along with the signature verification failed. Driving me bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom