• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with new sd card and nandroid disaster

xefe

Im running synergy rc1 rom. it has been running flawlessly since it came out. I recently found a good deal on a class 10 16gb card from amazon (amazon brand). This was to replace my class 2.

I copied all information over to computer, formated the sd card then copied all my data to the new card. I also created a nandroid backup.
I inserted the new sd card and the phone would not boot. stayed stuck at the evo screen. I put my old card in and no problems.

I tried putting my new card in a friends evo and the sd card mounted flawlessly. I tried putting my friends sd card into my phone and it would not boot either.

ive tried resetting the data and i still couldnt mount the new sd card. now this is where it gets even more wierd. when i restored my nandroid backup it went through the process (took like 3 minutes) then when I rebooted it said UID files were messed up(said to format sd card) and I was missing all data (programs, contacts and UI settings ).

I really could use some big help on this one.

Try fixing permissions. If that doesn't work if you still have a good copy on the still then format card in the phone then copy files back and see if that gets you going

thank you for your response.. I do not know if that would have worked. Last night I put the NEW sd card with just titanium backup and a new rom on it and then flashed miks new rom. It took flawlessly. Now time to set things back up .. which i shoulda did a while ago, but was just too lazy.

did you partition the new card? synergy stores all the data stuff on your sd cards partition, so if the new card wasn't partitioned when the phone tried to boot it couldn't find it's data and so it couldn't boot, then if you tried to restore your nandroid there would be no ext3 partition for data to restore to. this would also explain why a newly flashed rom would work, as it rewrites data

Back
Top Bottom