• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Programming Code

No, I should have mentioned I'm on an Engineering HBOOT (1.04.2000)

Is there no downside to this bootloader being locked, then? I'm just a bit confused about it
 
No, I should have mentioned I'm on an Engineering HBOOT (1.04.2000)

Is there no downside to this bootloader being locked, then? I'm just a bit confused about it

Lol. Now I'm getting confused. So you locked it on the eng hboot? I don't think you can flash the unlock token unless on a stock hboot. Which you can change if s-off, which I assume you are.

Also there is a flashable zip now that will lock and unlock the bootloader. It should work for evo v. I checked it today and it should be safe but no one has tested the zip yet on evo v.
 
Ok, nothing to worry about then I suppose...

I think I was getting my lines crossed by what was said earlier in this thread :)

I immediately rooted, did s-off, and did http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ng-turning-your-phone-into-evo-3d-thread.html upon receiving the phone - I was thinking that somehow my HBOOT was now locked, which I was thinking was odd.

I never messed with the stock phone at all, beyond activation. Literally less than 5 minutes, so I was a bit confused by this whole locked bootloader thing.

Nevermind my worries :)

EDIT: Ok, this thread cleared it up for me:

Juopunutbear's S-OFF Wire Trick (Will reset the "Unlocked" status to "Locked" when a stock Hboot is flashed):
 
Back
Top Bottom