• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions regarding overclocking?

bojadada

Lurker
Ok, so the only reason I wanted to overclock my phone is to run some games faster, but other than that, I'm not gonna have it overclocked too much. I know that if it's overclocked for too long, it could mess up the hardware. I plan on constantly switching between stock, and 1.4 ghz. Is there any sort of app that would do that? And also, what would be the stock cpu speed?
 
~1000mhz is the stock speed. Can't remeber the exact number. Some rom's raise the stock speed some lower it.

As far as overclocking. You will need to use a custom kernel that supports overclocking. Most roms come with that.

There are quite a few ways to overclock once the above is done. You can use SetCPU (free on xda), No Frills CPU, and quite a few others that i can't remember.
 
I've installed Cyanogenmod and there's some overclocking settings in the Performance settings. I'm just wondering if there's a more convenient way to access the cpu speed, like a menu that would pop up whenever I swipe the top of the screen downward or something, kind of like SBsettings for the iPod.
 
Back
Top Bottom