• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ramblings from an iPhone convert....

i'm also a iphone 3gs user, free paid apps all day long ;) att is awesome where i live in OC, 3 mbps down on the average on 3g, my evo will be here soon and i have 30 days to test it out, also looking forward to see what the new iphone is all about on June 7, i'm no apple fanboy and im open to new devices ;)

Could you post a review between the two?

Upvote 0
Have you seen the legs though? They are huge and bulky.

frame_stand_lg.jpg

You can put that on your phone if you wish - leave it off mine :)

Upvote 0
I guess R&D found that no one would want to watch a video/movie in Portrait mode.

Not much of an R&D team then really.

People don't want portrait for video conferencing on the desktop? Widgets and feeds?

Seems a bit short-sighted of them to make a kickstand that only works one orientation. The EVO isn't a one trick pony, so why treat it like one?

Upvote 0
Not really. The iPhone is no longer innovative. It really hasn't changed a lot since it was released. It looks the same, it feels the same, the interface is exactly the same (other then if you jailbreak it, but the average user doesn't do that). Generally boring. Need something new.

And, I don't think much will be changing with the next release. The phone looks the same (form factor) and will use the same software. Apple has lost out on being the first with a front facing camera. Unless they have something up their sleeves I think Apple has fallen behind on the innovation in their products (iPad for example, nothing new there just a bigger form factor).

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly both the iPhone 3G and 3GS have the same amount of plastic as the EVO (and the Incredible). As in, all the phones have all plastic backs. The only iPhone that was made of all 'metal' was the iPhone (1G).

In all fairness, I don't think OP was comparing the iPhone to the Android. At least, I didn't read it at that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones