• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

As a potential employer, I'd be highly suspect of an applicant who DIDN'T post offensive political diatribe on a Facebook page, or tweet religious or racist nonsense. Someone who is intelligent and reasonable on social media is hiding something. ;)

Yep, we're hiding being NORMAL. I ignore all things political & religious on Facebook. I don't think that's a good platform for those discussions; I'd much rather have a face to face conversation about something potentially controversial.

Upvote 0
Want to see a really creepy website?

Have a look at this

[REMOVED]

Is it a game? what does the website knows about you?

Not going to risk it. Link removed.

2017-02-10.png

Upvote 0
Sometimes these things are false positives. And, you can still see the link in the warning message so if anyone wants to type the URL, they can, but it's just too easy to be victimized these days by cyberdorks (Can I say that?)
Tested on incognito mode on a Chromebook. Site polls a lot of info (cpu type, browser, incognito mode, yada yada yada) which is probably what sets off the alarm. Probably just alarming, educational, and harmless.

Why are the men in black rappelling off my roof?

Upvote 0
You never are as grateful for what you have until you lose it. I really miss being able to drive my lovely car. I hope my next doctors visit gives me back my approval. That and the green light to have alcohol too!
So wait. You can't drink, AND you can't drive? What kind of quack doctor you seeing??!!?!?!?!??!! :p

Upvote 0
Welcome to China. Calls cost £1.50/min to make and £1.50/min to receive. Send a text for 50p & picture messages at your std price plan rate. To access the internet you will need to buy one of our Roaming Data add-ons. Make sure data roaming is switched on and click add-on.ee.co.uk for FREE to buy and get more info. For Customer Services call +447953966150 (£1.50/min). In case of Emergency, dial 112.

Upvote 0
So wait. You can't drink, AND you can't drive? What kind of quack doctor you seeing??!!?!?!?!??!! :p

I've got a heart condition that causes passing out and I'm on a beta blocker. It's taken a long time to regulate it with medicine and dose changes. They almost decided on a pace maker but I was really adamant about avoiding that if possible.

They've allowed me to take diphenhydramine again, so I'm getting there. Just need approval to drive regularly and have a drink now and again.

I know you aren't supposed to have caffeine, antihistamines, alcohol or anything fun while on a beta blocker but me (and my doctor) know quality over quantity. So he's slowly working to allow me "exceptions" so I can enjoy my life again. No point in living to 80+ if I'm a miserable vice free hag. Haha.

Upvote 0
That's your view, and I respect it, but fun is subjective. I don't particularly call going out, drinking 10 pints and throwing up, and feeling like shit the next day much fun, but quite a lot of people do.
Any fun activity taken to an extreme can be too much. ;) Having a beer or drink while out on a date is a whole different ballgame that getting bleepfaced with your buddies. I'll take the former. The latter hasn't been fun for me since my college days.

Upvote 0
My only vice (besides a certain need to fondle Dngrswife on a regular basis) up to recently had been caffeine in the form of soda (can't stand the taste of coffee).

Since last month, though, I can't handle the sweetness of cola, so I am pretty much boring add far as vices go.

I read a lot, I spend a little too much time on the computer, and I like spicy food--okay, I like food, but even there I've cut back significantly in an effort to get my weight back to a healthier level.

I'm only miserable because I'm fed up with my current job and I have far too many leeches attached to my wallet.

...and the aforementioned self-imposed starvation. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones