• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I sleep with a fan and my black light, I took a nap today, was up at four a.m... Bought myself a new usb lighting cord and works flawlessly when transfering my photos yay!!! Happy clam I be.
 
For the past week, the Darling Bride has had a device attached to her back with two small leads stuck into her, near adjacent nerves on either side of her spine. The idea was that the device would generate pulses that interfere with pain signals on the way to her brain, effectively canceling them out. For the past two days she's walked several miles in the morning, bending and stooping, twisting and turning... with absolutely zero low back pain. It's such a success that the device, called NALU, will be surgically implanted into her back as a permanent solution. She asked her doctor if she can have more than one implanted: a second in her upper back. He replied yes, but let's do one thing at a time!

She has long received ketamine infusions for overall pain with remarkable results. It really gave her back her life. Even with those and daily medications, her back pain is often overwhelming. NALU seems to work for her and I'm very happy that her VA pain doctor is trying to accelerate the timeline for her procedure from several months to several weeks.
 
Back
Top Bottom