• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

hospital staff that don't note the exact way that a patient has things set up so that they can reach them.....

• the staff person walks in:
  • oh, that damn a/c is too cold and noisy, I will just turn it off for a bit....
  • moves my wife's bedside tray out of the way....
  • asks her to stand up so that they can remake the bed ( she only has one leg, and that foot was just operated on and doctor's orders are NO WEIGHT BEARING FOR 8 WEEKS )
  • the fact that I am using the 2nd bedside roll around tray as my office desk/laptop/ my stuff, etc...
  • the fact that I am using the wife's wheelchair as my Office Chair and they pile dirty linen all over it and leave it for the house maids to take care of
other than that, I don't have any special gripes today....

well, yes, I do.... Oh Lord, what did my wife do to deserve this awful health condition? She served you as a BSN Dialysis Supervisor for 29 years, and you make give her that same disease??? she is now wanting to pull the plug and just end it all.

yeah, Mrs. AZ is a professional in the hospital field, a BSN RN and has been a Dialysis Supervisor for 29 years.

it is a bit ironic that she is now a diabetic and suffering the same crap that she witnessed her co-workers doing to her patients.... and she railed at them hard to be more considerate of the patient's needs and wishes....

now, she has to fall back on "Mr. Bad Ass" to keep the staff in line, something I just naturally do, as I was raised by a Navy Sailor ha ha ha

hospital staff that don't note the exact way that a patient has things set up so that they can reach them.....

• the staff person walks in:
  • oh, that damn a/c is too cold and noisy, I will just turn it off for a bit....
  • moves my wife's bedside tray out of the way....
  • asks her to stand up so that they can remake the bed ( she only has one leg, and that foot was just operated on and doctor's orders are NO WEIGHT BEARING FOR 8 WEEKS )
  • the fact that I am using the 2nd bedside roll around tray as my office desk/laptop/ my stuff, etc...
  • the fact that I am using the wife's wheelchair as my Office Chair and they pile dirty linen all over it and leave it for the house maids to take care of
other than that, I don't have any special gripes today....

well, yes, I do.... Oh Lord, what did my wife do to deserve this awful health condition? She served you as a BSN Dialysis Supervisor for 29 years, and you make give her that same disease??? she is now wanting to pull the plug and just end it all.
Aren't there those little buttons to call the nurse? Every bed in our hospital has one. If thr nurse moved the table and forgot to bring it back, just call her back.

There are three types of people.
1. Those that make it happen.
2. Those that watch it happen.
3. Those that say "What just happened?"

May I fix that for you?:p;)

Adding to your list of three above: It's OK to be any of 1-3 above; Try and avoid being #4.;)

4. Those who don't even notice anything is happening.

Them's the ones what really grind my gears!

At the end of the day:

There really are only two types of people in the world........
1) Those who narrow mindedly insist on going around categorizing people, dividing us into distinct groups, and:

2) Those of us who would never even think of doing such a thing.:D

I'm a #4 when it comes to entertainment. I don't really care about the latest entertainment scandals, who is sleeping with whom, innuendos about director, producer, et al. If you don't want to see the movie, musical, whatever, then don't and don't complain.

There is a 5th type. Those who belittle everyone to make themselves feel good. We have body shaming, mommy shaming, you-name-it shaming.

There is a 5th type. Those who belittle everyone to make themselves feel good. We have body shaming, mommy shaming, you-name-it shaming.

Yeah, I really don't get this attitude of putting people down when they're successful or very good at something. It happens a lot, and I don't see why we can't just admire or celebrate successes where they happen. From the press trying to destroy top athletes, right down to everyday people being downright bitter and jealous when they see someone else who's excellent at something. There are some bloody sad people in this world.

I'm consistently a 2 or 3. If that makes any difference.

Of course there is a definite difference between 2 and 3.
D-sone will have to check my math, but I'm pretty sure the answer is the same in both decimal and binary, (fortunately for me).:D

Edit: And pretty sure I've been all five types, at one time or another.:rolleyes:

Of course there is a definite difference between 2 and 3.
D-sone will have to check my math, but I'm pretty sure the answer is the same in both decimal and binary, (fortunately for me).:D

Edit: And pretty sure I've been all five types, at one time or another.:rolleyes:

Not sure of the question being asked here.

I have a question for you, though. In my twenty years on the internet under this moniker, you are only the second or maybe third person to shorten my name that way.

So, my question to you is: what do you think my my internet name means?

Yes, it is a shortening of dangerous one, back in the early days of www when IRC among others restricted one to eight characters, though I have seen people make the danger zone error before.

But that drifts off onto a pet peeve of mine, namely that I absolutely despised Tom Cruise in the decades before he learned how to act, and particularly loathed That Movie Which Shall Not Be Named, which an overwhelming majority of Naval Aviation types hated.

The other person I recall calling me D-sone was a charming young lady from l think Greece (maybe Italy?), who'd also call me sone-sone, for reasons known only to her; though it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that she liked flirting with guys twice her age over the internet...

I was just glad to get that stupid song out of my head! And yes if you're are talking about Tom Cruise's learning how to act, as an "actor", he has improved. If you're referring to him learning how to "act" as a human being, then disagree.

Edit: Good to know. About the hatred of that movie by Naval Aviators I mean. It seems obvious however.

Last edited:
Yeah, in spite of being exactly the target audience, at that moment in time........

I thought the movie blew, I thought the song blew, and I didn't care for the "Hollywoodization" of otherwise seductive, droolworthy subject matter. Pretty much put me off Tom Cruise for a lifetime, I even thought the man's name blew.:p
It all ground my gears.

Even the one positive association I have is significantly tainted.

As mentioned, I was exactly the target demographic when the 600cc sportbike class came to the fore. In what felt like the blink of an eye, everything changed, and the modern "crotch rocket" / "rice rocket" arrived, (and co-starred in Top Gun).......Probably modified for Mr. Cruise, however, with a custom lowered seat, raised pegs, and smaller wheels:p
Gone were the days of steel cradle frames, air cooled two valve motors, and exposed architecture, which had to at least try to be pretty. We got a lot in the bargain, but we had to give up a lot in exchange; I miss much of it.
I loves me some Kawasakis......But hated those Ninjas. They were fugly, inside and out. And even the name blew.

My buddy still has his near showroom fresh, first generation Yamaha FZ 600, the last bike I thought was truly droolworthy or interesting.

He never offers to sell it to me, and that really grinds my gears!

I barely ever watch any news, so tonight I finally read some info. online about the man (I use that term loosely) who murdered Jacob Wetterling (the story broke this past weekend). It's unbelievable to me that anyone can do something like that, it was so heartbreaking to read what happened.

For anyone not aware of the case, this was an 11 yr old boy that went missing here in Minnesota back in 1989, & all these years his family had no idea if he was still alive out there or what had happened to him that night.

This is the story:
http://www.startribune.com/danny-he...cting-and-killing-jacob-wetterling/392438361/

I barely ever watch any news, so tonight I finally read some info. online about the man (I use that term loosely) who murdered Jacob Wetterling (the story broke this past weekend). It's unbelievable to me that anyone can do something like that, it was so heartbreaking to read what happened.

For anyone not aware of the case, this was an 11 yr old boy that went missing here in Minnesota back in 1989, & all these years his family had no idea if he was still alive out there or what had happened to him that night.

This is the story:
http://www.startribune.com/danny-he...cting-and-killing-jacob-wetterling/392438361/
That is horrific. I hope that monster never sees the light of day again.

Back
Top Bottom