• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

This is an interesting article

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/2...y-undermine-weight-loss-efforts.html?referer=

But what the heck is this nonsense?!

”The recruits ranged in age from 18 to 35 since, presumably, these younger volunteers would be familiar with and competent using technologies such as activity trackers and any learning curve would be slight."

Idiots. I'll be 53 next month & I'm a lot more knowledgeable about technology than my 30 & 32 year old kids. [emoji35]

Suddenly my home WiFi networks are unreachable.

I think the one on the modern has flipped out, and maybe the other one just ran out of licenses because the three machines that connect to the other are hogging the spare slots (I have a fixed range of addresses available through DHCP)

Edit: yup, need to bang out the number of available leases on the one... And try to get AT&T to give me a new modem.

Last edited:
Idiots who just give stars but no review at all.

Acbr5Epni.jpg

Happened to be in Best Buy today on my lunch break, saw the Moto Z in person (it pains me to say this) it's a really solid looking and feeling phone, the demo model was quicker than snot too. DAMMIT Moto why did you have to get sold to Lenovo? Why couldn't your marriage to Google last long enough to have several babies, not just the N6?

Anyway, if you are a "phone" enthusiast (as I assume you all are) check out this phone, wow it's very thin, very solid, very sexy. And the Mods look pretty cool too.

(Also got email from Motorola today - ironic timing - telling me the unlocked versions are now available (non VZW versions.)

telling me the unlocked versions are now available (non VZW versions.)
Yeah. See. That's the rub. I want an unlocked phone but happen to have Verizon.

*full disclaimer: I'm battling with them right now and am going to give Cricket a whirl. If it works I'm out anyway. Get this, if you have a non-Verizon branded phone they CANNOT open a ticket if you have an issue. No. They really can't. The system needs a model number, only branded phones are on the drop-down list, there is NO way to enter a free-form number and they cannot proceed without that field filled in. Yes, you read all of that correctly. My signal tanked at home recently and they cannot create a ticket to have someone come check the towers here. There are other reports w/in 2 miles of me but no one seemed to be able to tell if anything was being done or not. Certainly nothing is being done based on my report because, say it with me, they can't fill the ticket out. They just made the mistake of sending me an email/survey. LOL

/rant

Back
Top Bottom