• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Why do people look at you so strange if you are hugging a tree?

I thought only Californians, Coloradans and those Portlandia-type people do that.

My gripe today revolves around the five-and-a-half hour detour I had to make on my way home from the coast-- nearly halfway home when the wife realizes she left her purse behind at the restaurant we ate at as we headed out.

Upvote 0
My very current anger thing, is why my left hearing aid will not fit in the same way, the right one does? Went through molding, and then went to get them, I still can hear and all, but they also give me headaches around the ear, when doing frequent bumpy frequencies most of the time, I just wonder why they could not ask me to "Stand up so the gun will fit it your earlob, you are able to sit back down in a minute." I would of done that nature too, sometimes even the smarest of nurses seem so dumb.

Upvote 0
I said hello to Natalile Portman when she was a freshman at Harvard while she was was walking past 1000 Massachusetts Avenue.
Cool!

I have pictures--I mean the actual physical kind--I took in the late '80s of Madonna and Sean Penn. We were living out-of-state at the time and had come home for a visit. My daughter, her best friend and I were at Beverly Center doing some shopping. All of a sudden people were shrieking and swarming toward the down elevator--there they were, Sean and Madonna! Snap, snap, snap went my camera. (Amazingly, some actually came out!)

Upvote 0
What's Californian tofu actually like?
Luckily--what with being vegan and everything--I find it quite wonderful! And here in LA we have 8 million kinds to choose from.

At home, unless my daughter is visiting (she does all the cooking), it's rarely used, but any time I order Thai food, that's its protein.

The thing about ANY tofu, really, is that it lacks flavor of its own. So marinating it or otherwise seasoning it is the key.

For those who don't know, tofu is a wonderful, versatile food, packed with protein, low in calories and, best of all, cruelty-free. :)

Upvote 0
I'll tell you what really, grinds, my, gears.
Celebrity pictures taken in Massachusetts I haven't seen before.
Share?
My mom acutally grown up in the same place, as Steve Carrell, and her friends and herself knows him almost personally, but such a shame they lose touch. :) My summer cottage is not too far from Bruce Willis's summer cottage either.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• for android.jpg
    for android.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones