• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I think you mean short attention span. A.D.D. is what I have. I don't consider it a disease. It's called daydreaming and a sign of a creative mind. The powers that be in this day and age sadly don't want creativity, only dystopia.

Short attention span is a sign of the times, unfortunately. Especially since smartphones and over-reliance on digital tech has promoted instant gratification.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
I had to stop using it in specific places like certain gas stations, mom and pop stores because the people running them assumed I was trying to 'hack' the register, and their point got cemented at a Lowe's once, when my attempt to use Samsung Pay at one of their self-checkouts crashed their entire payment system and I got tons of angry looks.

You worse than the old lady in the grocery store checkout line with two different piles of groceries on the conveyor belt, a handful of coupons, and two different credit cards in hand ...

laughinghard

• Haha
Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
So why does it when it comes to tv seasons in one box set, others lable as one, but I have think I remember listening to a commentary once and they said "Well here is a new intro, it does have a new season, having more of a story line, but we are going to lable it as one, instead of two?" I always believe that when you have a box set of like The Office, you are buying two seasons instead of one.

Upvote 0
You worse than the old lady in the grocery store checkout line with two different piles of groceries on the conveyor belt, a handful of coupons, and two different credit cards in hand ...

laughinghard
One in every grocery store at the worst times possible.

Upvote 0
Not as bad as the one who holds up the line doing three separate Instacart transactions for one freaking cart of groceries. Doesn't help she can't use a smartphone for beans. You touch the screen with your finger not your fingernail for crying out loud. Honestly just go back to card imprinters and old fashioned registers with the flags. At least things went smoothly then. Why must every freaking thing be digital?

Still, the one with the jar of pennies takes the cake. I think the only other time I recalled something like that, it was in a Looney Tunes short.

Upvote 0
We are finally taking my wife's Jeep in for repairs from the parking lot hit and run. We had to reschedule because of my unplanned hospital stay. They project a week in the shop. I'm guessing two. There is more damage than they think. The plastic bib around the wheel well pretty much retained it's original form but close scrutiny finds the fender behind the bib having substantial damage. They said if the leading edge was too damaged, replacing would be a better option than repair. I see a new fender and a paint job. Pretty sad stuff for a parking lot fender bender.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have ten more boxes to move back in my room, although it feels complete without much into it though, although going to get those plastic drawer organizers into my room and a new small black light..

Still windows ten, why so sluggish, I unplugged you for three entire months...
Going to see if reinstall it will solve it, and going to uninstall a few other things when I am under the hood again soonish, spend too much time unpacking in the room though.

Upvote 0
We took my wife's jeep in for repairs this morning. My truck hadn't been started since the beginning of December. My memory is not great but I'm fairly certain with a fairly new batter refused to start. I jumped it with an EverStart Maxx. I had to jump it again after my Dr. appointment. I drove it around town and the heads up shows that the battery is taking charge. I guess I'll now the next time I start it. Third time of no start and the battery is history.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
My regular Dentist retired, so I went to new Dentist today for my regular 6 month cleaning. Normally the dental hygienist scraps away at the back of your teeth. At this new place the Dentist came in and used something that looked like a dental drill. but at the end were two wires. When she used it, it sounded like a drill.. I think this new device was new to her. I had to stop her and say, when you have that in one place for a while it gets really hot. She said, thank you for telling me that. :cautious:

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
This is not a rant but a rant retraction. I tried to start my truck this morning and the battery was dead as anticipated. I went to AutoZone for a replacement. I asked them to look up when I purchased the failed battery and it was early 2023. The worker dude grabbed his tester and went out and checked the battery and found it functional. It was then that we both noticed that the positive connection was just sitting on the battery post. He tightened it up, I thanked him, and I came home. I installed that battery last year and there is no way that connection wasn't tight or has just been sitting on the post for a year.
I theorize that the positive connection was pulled by the body fender guys that worked on my truck the end of November and simply not retightened. I didn't drive the truck in December. I'm happy!

Upvote 0
General rant, how come all electronics come with half way charge, and how come it deals with us, only having to different problems almongst the way, like my right hearing aid went so dead the other day, had to make an appt with the hearing aid doctor, they said it had to be a week to get new ones and program in it, but o n the plus side, I have like already five days off from my side occupation lately, so it is a gift though, been reading so many books over at my sister's place, and going to wait for warmer weather to gather up my stuff and move back to my house...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones