• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root raptor screwed up my ally!

As soon as I downloaded and flashed raptor I was doin fine. Then I heard that froyo was coming out for ally. I decided to flash back to the stock rom. But I can't download any new rom since I flashed raptor. It just says the download file is not supported on my phone. It didn't do this to me when I was using velocity and I think that raptor has caused me not to b able to go back to any other rom. I would really like the stock rom but raptor seems to have other plans. Can anyone help me?
 
Yeah, go here (Android Ally) and download one of the stock ROMs to your sdcard. Then use ClockWorkMod or another recovery program to flash the stock ROM. You should have made a complete backup of your previous ROM before flashing Raptor so you could easily go back to what you had before. Just a small bit of advice for any future ROMs you try.

You could also try this, which will take you back to the V6 ROM the Ally had originally. The link above will allow you to flash a more current ROM (V8) so i'd suggest trying that one first.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/166588-how-flash-stock-lg-rom.html
 
And just for the record, no, Raptor did not screw up your phone. I am able to go between Raptor, stock, Velocity, and back again without any problem. There is nothing in Raptor that would keep you from being able to flash whatever. More than likely, it was a case of panic, misunderstanding of a step and possibly whatever recovery you are using.
 
Agreed. Raptor is not at fault. More times than not,it is user error. Raptor is a great rom for ally,so in the future before you go trashing someone's hard work,take a step back and research what you did wrong.
 
Yeah, go here (Android Ally) and download one of the stock ROMs to your sdcard. Then use ClockWorkMod or another recovery program to flash the stock ROM. You should have made a complete backup of your previous ROM before flashing Raptor so you could easily go back to what you had before. Just a small bit of advice for any future ROMs you try.

You could also try this, which will take you back to the V6 ROM the Ally had originally. The link above will allow you to flash a more current ROM (V8) so i'd suggest trying that one first.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/166588-how-flash-stock-lg-rom.html
Thanks for pointing him to my thread but as soon as v6 is flashed with in ten to twenty minutes it nags you to update to v8 as long as you followed the thread correctly that is
 
Yeah the ROM is not at fault. A lot of the time when this happens Astro is to blame (that is if you have Astro.) It does this on some phones and some it doesn't. My buddy has an Ally running the same setup as me, but I had to go in Astro's preferences and enable browser downloads on his, but on mine that doesn't need to be done. *shrug* I still don't know what's up with that.
 
Most likely it was your browser. I had the same problem till I down loaded Dolphin Mine Browser. For some reason it handles .zip files better compare to the stock browser.
 
Back
Top Bottom