• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove time from notification bar?

Just flashed and this does work for velocity 0.4 but does change the color of the ERI to black instead of white. Looks amazing!

Does this work on Punisher?
I'll try and update if it it does or not.
Thanks to everyone that helped with this.

Edit: It works, and I even forgot to wipe cache and Davlik..which I ALWAYS do when I'm flashing anything.
Thanks button pressed.
Will have screenshots in a few.

Screenshots as promised. I included one of the notification dropdown to show what it did to the date in the top left, and the eri banner.

21c5tzc.jpg

2znrh45.jpg

Screenshots as promised. I included one of the notification dropdown to show what it did to the date in the top left, and the eri banner.

21c5tzc.jpg

2znrh45.jpg

I can make a version with white text if I am given a services.jar with white text to modify. Shall I simply extract it from the most recent Velocity?

Just flashed and this does work for velocity 0.4 but does change the color of the ERI to black instead of white. Looks amazing!

Mine still appears to be white.... the date? or the "Velocity"? My date is white on black on the not bar. the Velocity is in black.

Mine still appears to be white.... the date? or the "Velocity"? My date is white on black on the not bar. the Velocity is in black.

The date and the "Verizon Wireless" text are what we're referring to... if you're seeing what you'd expect, I'm really at a loss here. I'll have to back up my rom and try flashing some things and see what I can figure out.

The date and the "Verizon Wireless" text are what we're referring to... if you're seeing what you'd expect, I'm really at a loss here. I'll have to back up my rom and try flashing some things and see what I can figure out.

Where "Verizon Wireless" appears is where mine says Velocity (i'm using Vel 0.4), it appears as black. I'm not sure if it was before or not to be honest.

The date in the notification bar when I pull the notification window down still appears as white.

see below:
snap20110112_120506.png

I'm fine with this though. I don't mind the date, I just wanted the clock gone.... which I got. I'm pleased!

When Punisher 0.2 Comes ill make this an add-on pack, if you dont mind doing the modification for me Darkxsun, of course we've been doing alot of theme changes and tweaks so modding the services.jar will have to wait till we get a final theme

I want to know how you changed your fonts.... that looks sweet.

Me? I didn't. Maybe you quoted the wrong person. The fonts are located in /system/fonts if you want to replace them, though. Just be sure to use the same name.

When Punisher 0.2 Comes ill make this an add-on pack, if you dont mind doing the modification for me Darkxsun, of course we've been doing alot of theme changes and tweaks so modding the services.jar will have to wait till we get a final theme

No problem doing the mod at all. PM me when the time comes.

I can make a version with white text if I am given a services.jar with white text to modify. Shall I simply extract it from the most recent Velocity?

Nah, white text isn't needed. I'm happy with what I got, I was just pointing out what it did to the date and eri banner.
I would point out though, that the date is slightly visible if you look really closely at gradient in the notification bar.
Lulz.
2znrh45.jpg

I tried flashing the gingerbread notification bar(it's flat black, not much gradient), to cover this up, but it kept putting me in a boot loop. Meh, I'm happy with it as is though, so no worries.

Working on a Punisher 0.1 version to match the colors with this rom...

Update: Here it is. http://goo.gl/qwMqc This is flashable but *not* signed. I see no real reason to sign something with a publicly available key, it's not like I'm proving my identity that way... :P

Please test this in Punisher 0.1 and let me know how it goes.

Any other roms we need a customized version of this mod for?

Is it safe for me to just flash this on top of the other? Or do I need to restore my Nand backup first, then flash?

Okay, thanks.
Gimme ten minutes and I'll have a screenshot for ya.

Edit: I like the name "unclock"
Edit2: Nicely done. Thanks button..
30tmf81.jpg

Back
Top Bottom