• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Duplicate Titanium Backup Files!

I recently partitioned my card for the 1st time and due to a previous mistakes I made when restoring a backup to my sd card, it appears that I have more than a few duplicate files with different dates, is there a good way to remove these? The titanium backup files ARE the actual app files used by my phone, right?

I recently partitioned my card for the 1st time and due to a previous mistakes I made when restoring a backup to my sd card, it appears that I have more than a few duplicate files with different dates, is there a good way to remove these? The titanium backup files ARE the actual app files used by my phone, right?

correct. probably the easiest way is to hook up your phone to the computer and just delete them there.

I am also facing the same issue of duplicate files. i got the solution when i used a utility >duplicatefilesdeleter.com/ and it worked for me.

do you mean you have multiple backups? you can saefely delete those without it affecting the actual app. I'd just delete all of your backups now (because the old ones won't restore to your partition anyway) and make a new batch backup.

go into your sd card with a root explorer (or mount your sdcard to your computer like ocn said) click on the titanium backup folder and delete all of the files. it's faster than deleting them individually from the titanium ui

then go back into titanium and backup your user apps again

I wouldn't delete them, it's just as easy to just move it off your sd card and onto your cpu... You'll never know what you might need in the future.

do you mean you have multiple backups? you can saefely delete those without it affecting the actual app. I'd just delete all of your backups now (because the old ones won't restore to your partition anyway) and make a new batch backup.

go into your sd card with a root explorer (or mount your sdcard to your computer like ocn said) click on the titanium backup folder and delete all of the files. it's faster than deleting them individually from the titanium ui

then go back into titanium and backup your user apps again

You can also set your max backups in TB to "1" and then just run a batch whenever you set it for, for any changes in user apps, data etc.

Back
Top Bottom