• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help removing Google search bar

windplr

I have a new RAZR M running JB - 4.1.1. I can't seem to find a way to remove the Google search bar from the top of the desktop. Normally a long press on a widget will allow you to drag it to the Trash, but not with this one. What am I doing wrong?

This already has been brought up. If you go to setting/all/Google search, you can disable it and it removes it from all the screens.

DO NOT REMOVE IT!! It caused voice input on my phone to become unuseable. Only a factory reset fixed it.
But if you wish to go there:
Settings/ APPS/ ALL/ Google Search/ DISABLE

You have been warned though :)

And, yes that part of the screen is unusable. Another Launcher would fix that problem without affecting voice search.

Thank you. Too bad it doens't let you use that part of the screen for anything else.

If you want to use the space, then using a custom launcher like nova or apex will allow you to remove it as well as set up how many rows/columns of icons you want on each home screen. Both can be found for free on the play store with the option of purchasing an upgrade for a couple extra features, but the main reason I mentioned above is part of the free version.

Back
Top Bottom