• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reprograming a new number on CM7

did you enable USB debugging? Are you able to use your PC to see files from your phone? If so when opening qpst uncheck the check box that is hiding COM ports.
 
Speaking of qpst...I have been wondering about something. Would it be illegal if I bought an evo and wrote all of my service programming from my optimus onto it so I could use it on metro...or would that work at all? Obviously I wouldn't be planning on ever using my optimus again or selling unless I restored the service programming.


I have often wanted to the same thing. Mainly because I think having a second phone tied to my service would come in handy. Should I break the main phone, I have a backup all ready to go without contacting MetroPCS.

Sadly, most carriers do not allow service cloning. :-(
 
yeah i would totally do it if i knew i could get away with it lol...but it seems a little risky. I just dont want my service to be banned or something like that...the connect is looking pretty cool though. I might get that instead of doing something illegal lol
 
Speaking of qpst...I have been wondering about something. Would it be illegal if I bought an evo and wrote all of my service programming from my optimus onto it so I could use it on metro...or would that work at all? Obviously I wouldn't be planning on ever using my optimus again or selling unless I restored the service programming.
That would be cloning and is illegal for us non-govt peeps.

You can flash it and have the # ported over and esn added tho.

Generally tho you have to start with the stock ROM then once you have it flashed n programmed etc, then you can flash what ever ROM you want and the appropriate fixes to get everything working.
 
Thanks for clarifying that :) I'm just having alot of trouble finding a place that will add my esn to the metro system...or possibly do a full flash for me. I've looked all over Howard forums and other websites but I had no luck online or with local businesses.
 
how would i flash it without taking it to an authorized metro dealer? i know that i can bring it to a metro dealer outside of the corporate system because they technically can just put the evo's info right into the metro system...but i dont have any authorized dealers anywhere near me...soooo is there a way to do it with out taking to an authorized dealer that isnt illegal?

I can help you with that. I did it and they charged me $40

he put my esn in the system and I did the rest on qpst
PM me if you interested
 
Back
Top Bottom