• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restoring nandroid backup?

badblue1

* TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
When i restored my nandroid backup i couldn't remember if you are supposed to wipe or format anything or not, as i couldn't look for an answer because my phone was down and i have no pc.

So what i did, i wiped cache partition and wiped dalvik cache, then restored nandroid and rebooted. That was yesterday, now today everything seems fine.

When i got home from work i started searching for answers.

What i found was, some people said just what i did, some people said you don't have to wipe anything. Then i found a post saying that you need to wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, under advanced sub menu, wipe dalvik cache. Then under mounts and storage sub menu, format all partitions except / sd card.

I would like to do it the right way, but what is the right way?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this, i would greatly appreciate it!

T.I.A.:confused:

I've tried no wipe, and wipe and format everything. No wipe I started having little system glitches. Wipe and format everything necessary for a new ROM install before restoring backup has worked the best, with no system glitches ever.

Thanks Andy ... is it to late for me to do it over?

Could i or should i also use obijohn's wiper, I'd like to wait until i get everything set up on here the way i want it before i do anything.

Everything I do is just personal preference. It doesn't hurt to wipe and format before restoring a nandroid. I like to use obijohn's wiper zip as well. If you want rewipe and format then flash the wiper zip. Then restore backup.

Well i stayed up late last night trying to setup everything the way i wanted so i would have a good backup.

I was tired and had everything the way i wanted until i started foolin around in titanium backup ,and wouldn't you know it, i clicked on a system app by mistake, now i somehow deleted my dialer and contacts and can't make phone calls!

I hope i have a good backup to restore when i get home from work!

I should have went to bed earlier and left well enough alone!

Update : if anyone cares, when i got home from work yesterday i fully charged my phone, wiped and formatted everything as if flashing a rom, except i used obijohn's update wiper.

Everything went smooth, thank God i had a good nandroid backup.

I'll tell you what ... using the wiper really seemed to do the trick ; my phone is running smoother and faster than ever, plus i have more internal space!

Just FYI... if any new members are reading this ( ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH) :D

Back
Top Bottom