• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reverting to an old backup...

OmensEdge

Mar 6, 2011
Specifically one that was created when my phone was not rooted, is there anything I need to do other than apply the backup through recovery? I'd like to keep the apps and settings I have on the particular backup without totally flashing the stock ROM again.

Also, if I've already applied the backup, can I still boot into recovery to wipe the cache if needed?

As long as you have a custom recovery installed it will remain. When you go from one ROM to another, or install a backup of another ROM you must:

1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system.data,and cache
as you see you will lose all data. Make a backup before you restore the first backup
Any data that is on the backup will be there when you restore. All apps,all settings,and everything will be in the same place you left it when you backed up. All will be just the way you left it.

If you do a batch backup of all your apps with Titanium Backup,then when you do a batch install of all apps and data your apps and settings will fall right back into place(widgets are the only thing that wont fall into place)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones