• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][WIP] Super Helado

That's what i thought, how is your rom coming along?

My ROM is slowly progressing. Today or tomorrow I will be releasing a Release Preview which is going to be more of an add on for Stock Rom. For one, it won't be a complete rom and will require have stock rom installed and two, it won't have the mods installed that the actual ROM has. I can't release the full ROM because I just ran into an unexpected problem with it.

EDIT: New screenshots are up!

Can we get a shot of the Messaging app by chance? Just wanna see what it looks like on this phone.

Can we get a shot of the Messaging app by chance? Just wanna see what it looks like on this phone.

Alright, I uploaded a shot of it. Also, since I was able to fix my ROM, I will be releasing it instead of the release preview. It's uploading as we speak. It does come with a few bugs that I will fix (hopefully) in the next version.

Alright, I uploaded a shot of it. Also, since I was able to fix my ROM, I will be releasing it instead of the release preview. It's uploading as we speak. It does come with a few bugs that I will fix (hopefully) in the next version.

how much longer til up?! i can't wait!!!

Firstly, I would like to thank all of those who have been patiently waiting and I would like to apologize for all the waiting I have made y'all do. I uploaded the file via the account xInterlopeRx gave me but I can't make the file public for some reason.

Firstly, I would like to thank all of those who have been patiently waiting and I would like to apologize for all the waiting I have made y'all do. I uploaded the file via the account xInterlopeRx gave me but I can't make the file public for some reason.

maybe interloper has to approve it

I have been playing around with the rom for about 2 hours and all I can say is that this is a huge improvement over the stock. Face unlock is pretty cool and I love the updated theme. The only bug I found was that Apollo (the music player) FC's alot; and the stock mms app dosnt keep text messages together, it makes new threads for each received text.
Thanks for the hard work and awesome rom for the first version!

i did NOT do a factory reset, and it worked fine without it, i got to keep my apps and data but titanium backup can do that.. i love this new UI and the bootanim.

*all errors were rebooted and tried again*

takes pictures good, but in the camera app, presing on the gallery shortcut in the bottom left doesnt work, but the gallery app works itself

BEATSaudio is just amazing on this device, and is working for me

i am experiencing the new tread each text i recieve in stock messaging...

faceunlock works

calling works and call quality is so-so

3g seems to be working, from play store working on 3g, but the browser force closes every time i try to launch it, even on wifi

wifi is great, connects fast and keeps the connection

im experiencing no issues with apollo

i havent been able to test the downloads application as browser is not working

no overclocking abilities so far...

voice typing is working but until we fix browser i wont be able to test the voice search

all together an amazing ROM, a few bugs but so far so good, keep up the good work!

I have been playing around with the rom for about 2 hours and all I can say is that this is a huge improvement over the stock. Face unlock is pretty cool and I love the updated theme. The only bug I found was that Apollo (the music player) FC's alot; and the stock mms app dosnt keep text messages together, it makes new threads for each received text.
Thanks for the hard work and awesome rom for the first version!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm aware of the MMS App but I'm not having any problems with Apollo. Can anyone else confirm the Apollo problem? Also, did you do a factory reset before installing the rom? Anyways, I'm glad to hear everything else works for you.

i did NOT do a factory reset, and it worked fine without it, i got to keep my apps and data but titanium backup can do that.. i love this new UI and the bootanim.

*all errors were rebooted and tried again*

takes pictures good, but in the camera app, presing on the gallery shortcut in the bottom left doesnt work, but the gallery app works itself

BEATSaudio is just amazing on this device, and is working for me

i am experiencing the new tread each text i recieve in stock messaging...

faceunlock works

calling works and call quality is so-so

3g seems to be working, from play store working on 3g, but the browser force closes every time i try to launch it, even on wifi

wifi is great, connects fast and keeps the connection

im experiencing no issues with apollo

i havent been able to test the downloads application as browser is not working

no overclocking abilities so far...

voice typing is working but until we fix browser i wont be able to test the voice search

all together an amazing ROM, a few bugs but so far so good, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm aware of the Camera and MMS App bugs and I will hopefully fix them. As for overclocking, all I've done to the boot image is add SU and init.d. I don't know how add overclocking unfortunately. As for the browser, I'm not having any FCs from it. Try going to Settings>Application Manager>All>Browser>Clear Data. Maybe that'll fix it. Anyways, I'm glad to hear everything else is working for you.

So is this like cm9 then?

Not really because it's not as customizable as CM9 is, but it does seem to be smoother and snappier than stock though.

i get status 7 error when trying to install it. what do i need to do to get it to successfully install?

Try redownloading it.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm aware of the MMS App but I'm not having any problems with Apollo. Can anyone else confirm the Apollo problem? Also, did you do a factory reset before installing the rom? Anyways, I'm glad to hear everything else works for you.
Yup I followed the directions on how to install. The app is very slow and FC's when I try to skip a song or two. My mms started working properly, but I am unsure of what I did to fix it :)

Back
Top Bottom