• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-26-12]Broken Out Spectrum 3.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

I don't know if it is the same person, but there have been quite a few posts from different people asking that around here lately...

you should be able to use the one click method to flash CWM, worked fine for me. Be prepared for some uneasy moments in your gut as your doing all this for the 1st time..lmao. Besure to read evething over very well before performing any mods, and if your unsure just ask. I am just as you, so welcome to the ' root scene'.

I made it to this part and the phone continues to run start animation 5 times or so, and then freezes. Any Ideas?
Thanks

You might've downloaded the out-dated version of the rooting software; what version number does your CWM say at the bottom of your screen? If it's 5.xxx instead of 6.xxx, you should download Neph's bootloopfix.exe (link is somewhere in the forums) and put it on your SD card, then use CWM's "install from .zip" option to run that file.

Alternatively, you could download the updated AllInOne root package from PlayfulGod and install that, but I don't know if that'd cause any problems as I've never done it. The upside though is that it contains the newest version of CWM.

You might've downloaded the out-dated version of the rooting software; what version number does your CWM say at the bottom of your screen? If it's 5.xxx instead of 6.xxx, you should download Neph's bootloopfix.exe (link is somewhere in the forums) and put it on your SD card, then use CWM's "install from .zip" option to run that file.

Alternatively, you could download the updated AllInOne root package from PlayfulGod and install that, but I don't know if that'd cause any problems as I've never done it. The upside though is that it contains the newest version of CWM.

okay, how can I get the phone out of its current state? Is there a button combo that will take it to recovery mode? As it is now i cant get it out of the starting mode.
Thanks again

First off, I want to greatly thank the dev of this ROM mtmichaelson. I am very impressed by all the work and updates you have done to this ROM. I will be donating to you very soon.
Second I would like to thank this awesome community. This is the first time I rooted my phone and needless to say wasn't too confident. I read through all 1281 posts in this thread. I had flashed BO 3.0 before reading the full thread and I had random reboots all the time which killed my battery life. Thanks to mtmichaelson, hollywoods14, mrb206, finndo77, and IMUcarmen and all of their posts I have been able to fix the random reboots and am running the ROM for the first day without any problems.
This is an awesome community which I hope to be taking part of more often.

@k7even84, it's still pretty hard to determine what has happened to your phone based on the info you're posting here on the board. More specifics would be helpful. You can search the forum (there's a search bar above the thread list) or use Google for nit-picky stuff (like how to do a button-combo reset), but unless you post more info, the people who would be able to help you most won't respond because they'd just be shooting in the dark. If you could post a few more details, someone might be able to help you.

A few things to ask:

I just installed Broken Out 3.0 but when I go to software information, it says 2.0. I double checked the files and it is the 3.0 rom. Also, I've been playing around with the No Frills CPU and was wondering if I should match the min/max speeds? Maybe that affects the crashing? And the kernel version says 2.6.35.11-Blitzkrieg+lge@android-build #1 which seems wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Why dont you check the lucid section and find out......kind of a tough concept i could imagine.

my work just sent me a Lucid....if you think the Spectrum has little dev....check the lucid forums.....there is nothing. we use the Spectrum root to root the Lucid.

thats why he is asking

my work just sent me a Lucid....if you think the Spectrum has little dev....check the lucid forums.....there is nothing. we use the Spectrum root to root the Lucid.

thats why he is asking

Wow, I just checked the lg lucid forums since you mentioned it and I know someone that has one. Its like a developer/rom-free forum lol that sucks. Hope someone comes along and helps you guys out. I also hope that the guy who had that ICS build on his phone can somehow get it to the rest of you. Good luck!

Ok, well now... that explains a few things.
Your best bet would be to find a phone with as many of the same chip models as possible and then pm a Rom dev for that phone and ask if they would be willing to dev for the lucid if you can get them a phone. Then start a donation thread for the lucid.

It is basically how every dev for the spectrum got here.

SOLVED: Downloaded ROM Toolbox lite and went into recovery.

I have been using BO3 for about 2 weeks now and am getting random reboots daily now (the one where the xperia shows up). I tried going back to CWM for a recovery but I can't get it to come up anymore. I used to script to push CWM to the phone again without any luck. Held down the volume down key + Pwr button but it just booted normal. I ran the AIO recover option 7 and the phone just gives a blank screen. Any advise as to how I can get back in CWM... Thanks

Plug your phone into the computer, set usb mode to shared internet, ethernet, go to settings, applications, development, and make sure debug is checked.
Then if you have s copy of adb on your computer, open a command prompt and type "adb devices" and hopefully it should show something starting with LG. Then type "adb recovery" and your phone should not into clockwork mod.

If this does not work, I dunno what else to tell you

I sometimes go into terminal to get to cwm.

Open terminal
Type "su"
Enter
Type "reboot recovery"

It will reboot to recovery.

Could also try ROM manager to flash the latest cwm and or use that to get to recovery.

Thanks figured it out now, and the rom is working beautifully again. Doing another battery test. The first one lasted me 35 hours and I was at about 30% when the phone started crashing and brought it down to 3%. Not sure what had happened.

So...what is so horribly wrong with this rom? It randomly kicks me out of my browser, opens up car home, closes car home, and kicks me too home screen...along with the random crashes...

......My phone doesn't even have car home........

So...what is so horribly wrong with this rom? It randomly kicks me out of my browser, opens up car home, closes car home, and kicks me too home screen...along with the random crashes...

......My phone doesn't even have car home........

From what I have read on the forums our phone has magnets that detect when a dock is applied to the phone that activates the car home window. The random crashes seems to be java related. Mine happen whenever Playstore checks for updates and/or Youtube is running.

Hi all,
I'm bringing this over from the BP thread since its really not BP related anymore. MrB206, BlueRacer90 and mickeydurden have been great help so far and I'm happy to see them here, as well.

Backstory:
I flashed BP with Plague kernel and experienced serious battery drain. So I flashed Broken Out 3.0 and it is a lot more conservative but could be more so, I think. I have given Location access to very few apps, I manually adjust my screen brightness, Most apps are not constantly refreshing in the background. I'm underclocked using smartassV2 and deadline IO. I'm not streaming videos or music (my a-Pad is for that) but I do browse quite often and have a few games that I play but not often. I use wifi whenever possible, but that seems to have a small issue, too.

Yesterday evening I had to charge up and then let it sit all night unplugged just to see what I got (screenshot 1). A little while later, the battery had dropped again (screenshot 2).

Issues:
Battery life could be better from what I've been reading in the threads. What else can I do?
Screenshot 1:
2012-10-15 06.58.55.jpg
Screenshot 2:
2012-10-15 07.52.05.jpg

Wifi has also been spotty, I can be right in front of my router and still get timeouts. I have the main wifi in my office in the basement and a range extender on the first floor so there is a solid signal throughout the house. I can be right in front of either with my phone and still not get a steady full signal. My tablet gets full or almost full throughout the house. Is there a wifi update that I am missing?

-bzr

See, screenshot 1 is odd unto itself. With wifi and no use, that should be more flat.

Now, I find running ANY rom on this device at 1.512 to harm it, so I scale my cpu back to 1.296. For BO, I use the gaumaufry (sp?) governor and I had a far flatter line than you. Stay away from on demand... It spikes you cpu to max when ever its 'called', so battery drain is noticeable.

Hi all,
I'm bringing this over from the BP thread since its really not BP related anymore. MrB206, BlueRacer90 and mickeydurden have been great help so far and I'm happy to see them here, as well.

Backstory:
I flashed BP with Plague kernel and experienced serious battery drain. So I flashed Broken Out 3.0 and it is a lot more conservative but could be more so, I think. I have given Location access to very few apps, I manually adjust my screen brightness, Most apps are not constantly refreshing in the background. I'm underclocked using smartassV2 and deadline IO. I'm not streaming videos or music (my a-Pad is for that) but I do browse quite often and have a few games that I play but not often. I use wifi whenever possible, but that seems to have a small issue, too.

Yesterday evening I had to charge up and then let it sit all night unplugged just to see what I got (screenshot 1). A little while later, the battery had dropped again (screenshot 2).

Issues:
Battery life could be better from what I've been reading in the threads. What else can I do?
Screenshot 1:
View attachment 41209
Screenshot 2:
View attachment 41210

Wifi has also been spotty, I can be right in front of my router and still get timeouts. I have the main wifi in my office in the basement and a range extender on the first floor so there is a solid signal throughout the house. I can be right in front of either with my phone and still not get a steady full signal. My tablet gets full or almost full throughout the house. Is there a wifi update that I am missing?

-bzr

I saw this link being posted somewhere else and thought it might be helpful to you to learn about the different govs and IO's:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Are you using no frills cpu to set all this stuff? I prefer it in BO3 over Rom toolbox even though I have used both in that past.

We could be overlooking the obvious here too; maybe you happened to get a bad battery with your phone. You don't happen to have any spares you could try, do you? Honestly based on everything you've described, you should be getting decent battery life, unless there's some app you have that just kills it for some reason, or if you're streaming lots of videos on your browser. A new battery might do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom