• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

First, THANK YOU Devs for this ROM! I am currently using it as a daily ROM, and so far everything is great!

I have been flashing back and forth between Harmonia and this ROM, and I always do complete wipe, since all I need to do is restore my contacts and re-install Google Apps.

On edit, I do have a couple apps that I restore from TB since the have data I don't want to lose

Well yeah, didn't beat all those levels in Candy Crush for nothing!!! j/k Yeah user app data usually isn't a problem, I believe its the system app data that will mess things up (not saying a user app has never boinked anything in a ROM before).

Upvote 0
2 graphical glitches. Seem to be page generating related as one was opening FB one was in browser. Nothing a press of the home or back key didn't fix. Everything else is running great. You and g60 have restored my faith in CM10.1 for this phone. Thanks :D

Disabled DSP and added Noozoxide, my sound is incredible

Edit: however this is ridiculous
avymapej.jpg

3emu8ara.jpg

:thinking:

Upvote 0
Battery from what I remember in most JB roms isn't superb. I'm not sure why myself, I'm not a dev like these ones here...but Ive noticed it in all roms.

However, my situation might be different for poor battery than yours.

Example: At work, for 8 hours, I have next to no service. Its abysmal, really, and it drains battery like nobodies business.

As for JuiceDefender...I've used it on CM10.1 before, with no issue....And on PACMan, and Dirty Unicorns...Perhaps the CM10.1 here has updated and changed something? Id suggest a logcat for that issue...And if you're willing, flash another JB ROM and see if the application works for you.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a common issue with JB. In many cases it's caused by new features/bloatware that comes with JB. I read that one battery hog is Google Now, and another is location reporting in google maps.
I used the navigation yesterday just to try out the gps on this rom. I only used it for half hour, but over the course of the day, my battery drained abnormally fast.

This morning, with recharged battery, I turned off all the various syncs, removed the weather widget, and all the fancy wallpapers and themes, and I will see how well the battery lasts today.

Upvote 0
I've had problems with battery life. I am glad that it's not only me. I've had something popup as media server eating my battery life. I leave it in my pocket for two hours and then it's dead.

Also does anybody know about a good battery app? I tried juice defender, it gave me an error and said get croyogen mod. Which this should be it.

Juice defender works for me on this Rom.

Upvote 0
I keep alternating between the newest Angry Bean and the 04/03 version plus MiRaGe kernel circa 5/08... I get markedly-better battery life with the MiRage / Angry Bean combo, but some issues with the Camera & bluetooth. I concur that battery life issues aside, this is by far the most stable AOSP ROM for this phone.

Unfortunately, post 04/03 builds of Angry Bean freeze the phone at the initial white HTC screen. Also, the newest versions of MiRaGe don't even work on 04/03.

Anyway, suffice to say that it is possible to get great battery life on an AOSP ROM, and I'm assuming it's kernel related.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten WiFi tethering to work? The built in the feature doesn't work. My computer will connect to it, but cannot connect to the internet. I also tried Wifi Tether for Root Users with the profile that I used with Mobsters, but it had errors starting.

Anyone know how to get it to work?

EDIT: To the battery usage posted above, it doesn't actually look that bad. I find that this ROM has comperable battery life to the stock based ones. In general, my phone gets great battery life with the screen off (~1-5%/hr depending on coverage) but gets terrible with the screen on (~30-40%/hr even with low brightness).

Upvote 0
I can not for the life of me figure out why my wifi tether is not working. The version built into the rom will broadcast a SSID, but there is no network traffic. I can nto get out to the internet.

The App "WIFI tether for root users" keeps failing to load things like "AP". it is really a deal breaker if I cant have tether.

Should I try re flashing the Rom from a wiped clean phone?

Upvote 0
The built-in wi-fi tether works on my phone.

HBOOT-1.50.5050
RADIO-1.09.00.0108
4EXT v1.0.0.5 RC9 Testing. build 92
AngryBean CM 5-17-13.

On edit, maybe this could help:

When I tried to connect to the Internet from my Windows & laptop, It initially failed, but moments later did connect successfully.

If you can't connect, maybe the problem could be on the client side. Try reset the specific wireless profile on your computer, or change the ssid in the phone tethering setting, which means yuu would also create a new fresh wireless connection profile on the computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones