• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Black Plague w/ Plague kernel

Will look into the wifi toggle, and the vibrate toggle.

The unlock screen unlocking with the menu button isnt really a big issue as the default lockscreen isnt secure no how, but wil lsee what can be done.

Much appreciated! I agree that the menu button unlock isn't a big deal, just thought I'd point it out. Any ideas on the flicker with the animations turned off or is that just something that can't be helped with the new animations in v1.2?

Upvote 0
Much appreciated! I agree that the menu button unlock isn't a big deal, just thought I'd point it out. Any ideas on the flicker with the animations turned off or is that just something that can't be helped with the new animations in v1.2?
prolly, I will have to think what all I did besides aesthetics and fixing the charger animation and maybe do a 1.3 with the old animations. ;)

Upvote 0
So, in light of the unlock screen and apparently a few bugs still, I might give it another day or so...

I have a question for PG, how hard would it be to remove the data throttle? and build it into the rom? I saw something about BO having that option or including it or something... (I'm new to roms, all my phones have been rooted and overclocked and all that fun stuff, but I've never touched custom roms before)

Upvote 0
So, in light of the unlock screen and apparently a few bugs still, I might give it another day or so...

I have a question for PG, how hard would it be to remove the data throttle? and build it into the rom? I saw something about BO having that option or including it or something... (I'm new to roms, all my phones have been rooted and overclocked and all that fun stuff, but I've never touched custom roms before)
if BO had my should to as I built on top of mt's BO. Mind you have have added shyt back n fixed some things, and still working on others. ;)

afaik there is no data throttle remover for 4G, the ones I seen for 3G were iffy at best. Some ppl claim big increases, others none, and even some reported lower speeds.

Upvote 0
if BO had my should to as I built on top of mt's BO. Mind you have have added shyt back n fixed some things, and still working on others. ;)

afaik there is no data throttle remover for 4G, the ones I seen for 3G were iffy at best. Some ppl claim big increases, others none, and even some reported lower speeds.

My last phone was a rooted Droid X on Metro, my 3G speeds on that phone were over 2mbps down and .5-1mbps up, by comparison, my 4G on the Connect is 2 down and 2 up, my 3G on the connect is .5 down and .03 up... they're definitely throttling, it actually caused me to consider keeping my Droid X, unfortunately that old 1ghz Snapdragon just wasn't snappy enough... Sure overclocking it helped (but I could only get it to work at 1.2ghz) but once i felt the power of the Connect I was sold (even if my battery does only last 3 hours)

Upvote 0
Ok now i have 1x data, could this happen for surpasing the 2 gb of 4g data? I dont even know if i did so, someone that could tell me what happens when you reach the limit on metropcs data? Thx :)

They throttle you to their "3G" speed. You'll still have the 4G icon but not the same speeds. Try updating the prl. :)

Upvote 0
Sorry but can you explain me what is the "prl" thing? And how i can do that? Thank you very much dude, im f**** up!

Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

And We've all been there :)

Upvote 0
Ok dude thank you very much! im gonna try it right now! I hope it works, cause i'd restore an stock rom and it show me the 4g iccons for awhile but then it disappared again and again no data internet at all!

It didnt work... But maybe its metropcs problem, because i restored to my previous rom and it must work but it does not, well, i guess i have to wait until tomorrow and check. Thanks again dude! :)

Upvote 0
ok, so I've encountered my first problem... I select install from sd card, select the 1.2 rom, confirm, phone restarts but doesn't go into recovery mode and install the rom, it just reboots like normal... please help?

I figured it out, for some reason I have to flash clockworkmod recovery in the rom manager app each time I want to boot into recovery...

Upvote 0

So you're saying that any patches built for BO should work for Black Plague? Sorry, I'm just being thorough, I don't want to eff up my phone...

Upvote 0
i know im probably the ONLY one having these issues. but as soon as i boot into system after flash, it lasts a good 10 mins b4 it goes into a reboot fest! =/ all i do once boot into rom is go to play market and try to update apps and download Titanium Backup. den BOOM reboot.. Guess my Connect doesnt....connect very well with oC kernel ?

Upvote 0
i know im probably the ONLY one having these issues. but as soon as i boot into system after flash, it lasts a good 10 mins b4 it goes into a reboot fest! =/ all i do once boot into rom is go to play market and try to update apps and download Titanium Backup. den BOOM reboot.. Guess my Connect doesnt....connect very well with oC kernel ?

Neat trick.... copy the titanium backup app to sd and on fresh boot use romtoolbox or any root explorer to place it in /data/app.

Reboot and restore your backups. ;)

Upvote 0
I just re-flashed 1.2 over stock and 1.1, and after reboot it's showing the wallpaper I had on that backup. I wiped cache and dalvik, just wondering should I re-flash and wipe data also? One more thing, I ran 1.2 all day and barely got 7 hours with CPU set at 818ghz with profiles at 345 powersave exclusive, smartass, vr. Could anyone tell me why my batteries dying so soon?:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones