• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM bluetooth combo for car - help :(

madmax569

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
I have searched for an answer to this question for a long time but see no one with a similar problem. I got a car that has bluetooth built into it, which meant I had to, unfortunately, switch from AOSP to a sense ROM. However, each ROM and kernel combination I use results in a different call quality. I have tried probably 5 different roms each with funky, bamf, and the baseline kernel but can find no combination where the quality is mostly good. The people on the other end of my call say I cut out a lot to the point where we cannot have a conversation. The best combination I have found so far is Nils business 4.0 with the kernel that ROM comes with. This works probably 75% of the time.

My wife's phone has no issues (RAZR M) and using the onstar calling function always results in good quality (so I am relatively sure it is an issue with my phone and not the car). Does any here have a ROM/kernel combination that works with their car?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones