• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

Verson 3.6.5
Fixed MMS for Boost
Fixed Bluetooth
Fixed ram problems which should solve some lag
Updated Chrome (cleaned it up. 1.5 MB smaller. Faster. Fixed crashing on some sites, downloading text color, everything goes to the Chrome folder on your sdcard now instead of Mxbrowser and some other changes)
Fixed some bugs in the theme like the text color being black on some things when it should be white
Fixed animation lag on stuff like the power menu
Updated Quickpic, File Explorer and Xperia Launcher to newest version
Added VoiceDialer.apk back
Removed MIUI Music and added Music.apk back
Added support for GooManager

You can now download CTMod straight to your phone using GooManager. it gives notifications when ROM updates are available too.

Don't forget to flash your favorite kernel after installing the rom.

Does this one wipe everything when installing, or can I flash with just a dalvik, and cache wipe?

Upvote 0
Apologies if this is a stupid noob question guys, but where is the link to download the CT mod 3.6.5 update? This will wipe everything and I'll need to are install kouma kernel, correct?
You can find the link in the original post, after flashing you'll have to reflash any kernel you had previously flashed, or you can stick with stock.

Reactions: Gee325
Upvote 0
Man, glad i logged onto my pc to read this...lol. Yeah, I'm on the prevail. Got ct mod 3.6 with kouma kernel and couldn't get my bluetooth to work. is it me or is this a known issue? (known, except by me, that is....lol)

I haven't heard of anyone having bluetooth issues on the prevail since I fixed it in 3.3. something may of went wrong with your download or install, or if you restored something it might of broke it.

Upvote 0
I haven't heard of anyone having bluetooth issues on the prevail since I fixed it in 3.3. something may of went wrong with your download or install, or if you restored something it might of broke it.
I did a clean install of 3.6 about a week ago, and just now getting around to checking bluetooth after reinstalling all my apps. Had an issue with something on my phone. (Long story) Anyway, had cm7 and found it to be too buggy for my daily use. First rom I ever flashed was ct mod 3.1, then went to cm7. Guess I can flash 3.6 again and see if that solves it. No biggie losing any data cause wasn't that far into it anyway. Maybe a corrupted file?

Upvote 0
No need to do a data wipe/factory reset to flash the update is there? I can just clear cache and install? Thanks again for the awesome ROM Blood!! Kick Ass!

the rom install will always format /system, /data and /cache so theres no need to do any type of wipes before or after installing it, everything is automatically taken care of.

Reactions: Bionic Chronic
Upvote 0
Nice work blood. Running it now. I took your 3.6.5 package, figured out the differences, modified it to only include the new system/ files, and updated the update script to only update those files. With it, I was able to update it on top of 3.6 without doing a factory wipe; I only wipe cache and dalvik cache.

UPDATE: this ROM is definitely "smoother". It's not increased performance but, it just "feels" smoother, probably because of the lag fix Blood mentioned in his log. I'm still running mine at 1GHZ undervolted w/ 3d boost and I get performance for a non-gamer.

Upvote 0
Nice work blood. Running it now. I took your 3.6.5 package, figured out the differences, modified it to only include the new system/ files, and updated the update script to only update those files. With it, I was able to update it on top of 3.6 without doing a factory wipe; I only wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Hey would you mind posting the update file you made? I really just want the Boost MMS working and don't want to redo everything! :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey would you mind posting the update file you made? I really just want the Boost MMS working and don't want to redo everything! :)

Thanks!

Give me 15 minutes... I'll create one for Boost. I'm on Sprint.

UPDATE: OK, here are the updates. Blood, I hope you don't mind; I will take them down if they mess up anything.

Requirements: You NEED to be already on CTmod 3.6 Boost or Sprint! This will just install the differences between version 3.6 and the new 3.6.5 so it doesn't wipe your existing data; your existing data "should" stay the same. I haven't really verified everything yet but it seems to work fine.

1) Download update zip file to SD
2) Boot to CWM
3) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Do a Nandroid backup or Titanium Backup in case this doesn't work and you need to restore your data
4) Install the update zip file
5) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
6) Reboot

CTMod 3.6 to 3.6.5 Boost Update: https://www.box.com/s/6bb5b42f5af2b4560d01
CTMod 3.6 to 3.6.5 Sprint Update: https://www.box.com/s/2e84815509536fd91c3c

Again, I haven't fully verified this yet... I will take them down if it doesn't work... please let me know. This won't wipe out your existing ramdisk/kernel (boot.img); however, if you have problems, you may need to reflash the one you're using.

Bluetooth seems to work great for me :) Thanks Blood!

EDIT: At the suggestion of Bloodawn, this is NOT recommended. See his instructions 2 posts below on how to keep your data. So PLEASE NOTE this update method may not be correct. In the meantime, this is still working for me so I will keep it unless I run into issues.

Upvote 0
Give me 15 minutes... I'll create one for Boost. I'm on Sprint.

UPDATE: OK, here are the updates. Blood, I hope you don't mind; I will take them down if they mess up anything.

Requirements: You NEED to be already on CTmod 3.6 Boost or Sprint! This will just install the differences between version 3.6 and the new 3.6.5 so it doesn't wipe your existing data; your existing data "should" stay the same. I haven't really verified everything yet but it seems to work fine.

1) Download update zip file to SD
2) Boot to CWM
3) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Do a Nandroid backup or Titanium Backup in case this doesn't work and you need to restore your data
4) Install the update zip file
5) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
6) Reboot

CTMod 3.6 to 3.6.5 Boost Update: https://www.box.com/s/6bb5b42f5af2b4560d01
CTMod 3.6 to 3.6.5 Sprint Update: https://www.box.com/s/2e84815509536fd91c3c

Again, I haven't fully verified this yet... I will take them down if it doesn't work... please let me know. This won't wipe out your existing ramdisk/kernel (boot.img); however, if you have problems, you may need to reflash the one you're using.

Bluetooth seems to work great for me :) Thanks Blood!

I don't recommend doing anything that keeps /data but if you really want to keep your settings/data you can just flash the rom like normal then do a Advanced Restore in CWM for data and boot then do a cache and dalvik wipe.

Upvote 0
I don't recommend doing anything that keeps /data but if you really want to keep your settings/data you can just flash the rom like normal then do a Advanced Restore in CWM for data and boot then do a cache and dalvik wipe.

Are you saying that you don't recommend using stuff like Titanium to backup and restore applications?

If yes, why? If no, what are you saying that you don't recommend?

As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your work is grealty appreciated.

Upvote 0
Are you saying that you don't recommend using stuff like Titanium to backup and restore applications?

If yes, why? If no, what are you saying that you don't recommend?

As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your work is grealty appreciated.

theres nothing wrong with restoring just the apps, restoring or keeping data to stuff can result in force closes or stuff being broken sometimes tho.

but its up to you guys what you do, I've just had enough people on the Prevail do something that breaks shit and then try claiming its bug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones