• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

To activate tethering for sprint:

1. Download Launch Pro from the app market.
2. Add to homescreen > Shortcut > Activities > com.lge.hiddenmenu >LG Hidden Menu.
3. Select shortcut from homescreen
4. Select Settings > Data settings > DUN NAI >Extend Modem Select No

You can now activate USB tethering or Wifi hotspot through the default settings in the wireless menu! :)

Just tried it, thanks, works pretty good so far. Interestingly enough the Extend Modem setting was already set to "No."

I tried this App before and it was not stable. It broke the Wifi driver too. Maybe I did something wrong. Anyone else have luck with this App on CTMod 3.6.5 and Unleashed 1200 v3.1 kernel?

Upvote 0
Nice work Blood, seems like you ironed out most of the kinks and it is zippy as hell :)

I installed 3.6.5 w/3.2.1 kernal and MMS is getting error when sending pics...
* I checked mmsc and it is set correctly to the myboostmobile addy
* I didn't do a restore w/titanium ie: installed all user apps one by one that I used in MB2, no system apps/data.
* I even tried using the fixed mms.apk that worked in MB2 and no luck... Any ideas?

Edit: also connectivity with USB cable to PC not functioning ie: no prompt for mass storage/charge. I even tried setting to mass storage on connect and no go.

Upvote 0
Huh, I don't know why but I when I woke up my phone was off do to the battery going dead (had 60% before sleep) It was so dead that I had to charge some before it would boot.
I tried both mms, USB and they both worked afterwards... go figure. I did reboot a few times last night but neither fixed the issues.
I wonder if the battery being drained was like pulling battery and that's all I needed to do in the first place... woohoo I don't have to reinstall everything :)

Upvote 0
425742cb-7993-8c8d.jpg

Wireless Thether for Root Users works with my pc.

Upvote 0
Thanks Blood ford this, AWESOME, Never thought Marquee could act like this. Love but, after restoring my apps from the market, i get com.process.gapps force close every time i turn the screen on, im using Setcpu from market, which seems to be the best ive used so far to save battery life, is this a bug, or should i just wipe and reflash. i did some googling, and they said that that was from GMAIL, so i uninstalled it, but still get force close, im stumped. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks Blood ford this, AWESOME, Never thought Marquee could act like this. Love but, after restoring my apps from the market, i get com.process.gapps force close every time i turn the screen on, im using Setcpu from market, which seems to be the best ive used so far to save battery life, is this a bug, or should i just wipe and reflash. i did some googling, and they said that that was from GMAIL, so i uninstalled it, but still get force close, im stumped. Thanks again.

What rom was your backed up apps from? Restoring apps that's were backed up from roms other than CTMod can cause problems.

But just do a factory wipe then reinstall your apps through the market manually and you'll be good.

Reactions: MrMondayNight
Upvote 0
Quick question to those who have already installed this ROM...One one of the things the factory ROM is missing is the ability to block a telephone number by long pressing on it in the call log. Can anybody tell me if this ROM has that functionality built in? I've found a couple 3rd party apps that advertise the ability, but my experience has been that they are too buggy to be useful.

I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones