• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Froyo][Update] Triumphant Sense-ation

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Triumphant Sense-ation! ROM
Updated style - including incorporation of Mobstergunz's Dialer and Contacts

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages (bricking/phone ruining) occurred while flashing or using this ROM. By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

:mad:DO NOT FLASH GAPPS
:mad:

LP Sense Mod (Not my creation) is included as the launcher. fOCk kernel is included - Mantera is AWESOME! Thank you b_randon for making the stock ROM available in the first place!:D
Themed MMS by Mobstergunz! Thanks to taha1112 for use of your ROM as base!

Since I am currently between jobs (:(), I have had the time and patience to work on this.
If you would like to help me out, click here.

Remember to wipe data and flash normally. Reboot, customize and enjoy!:D

There is a problem where you cannot properly backup/restore with ClockworkMod 5504. So far, any other recovery works just fine.

Triumphant Sense-ation V2.2 - Original Sense-ation Froyo without ICS Features

Triumphant Sense-ation V4 - Sense-ation with ICS-like Qualities

Download Swype

REMEMBER TO BACKUP!!! Update will wipe data, so be sure to back up!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

Now Rooted with Busybox.
No-Frills CPU Control is system app - Overclock as you wish!
Have fun!

screenshot-1335642153943.png

Stock Sense 2.2 Triumph - YouTube

I'm in the process of backing up as I type, and I have a (probably dumb) question:

Aside from the apps you mentioned not working, is there anything else to expect doesn't work/is wrong/is buggy? Not trying to be a dick lol just wondering if it can be used as an everyday rom

I'm in the process of backing up as I type, and I have a (probably dumb) question:

Aside from the apps you mentioned not working, is there anything else to expect doesn't work/is wrong/is buggy? Not trying to be a dick lol just wondering if it can be used as an everyday rom

Everything should be working perfectly fine. The reason that sense applications will not work is because this is not official sense. The Evo 4G Froyo ROM was used for the creation, but this ROM lacks the compatibility for HTC system apps so far.

I wouldn't use the "reboot" option until after you have manually powered off and turned your phone back on.

Other than that, yes: the reason that I made this was to have bugless ROM that also had an attractive look and feel with it.

There are no video flickers, no random reboots (unless you do something to cause it), and everything so far seems to work flawlessly.

Thank you for your interest in my work! I appreciate your input.

Happy ROMing!

Yupyup no problem. I'm waiting for it to download now and I'll get it flashed asap. Lol I'm excited cuz I've never used sense before :)

Keep in mind though, this is stock froyo. It has been revamped, redone, and made a much more attractive! However, official sense would be nearly impossible to port, unless I have that time on my hands LOL. This ROM was made using the stock Triumph ROM, and files from the Evo 4G froyo ROM.

That's cool..I've been using froyocream sandwich which is based off the same thing (I think) with an ICS theme minus the evo rom so its all good. Just looking for a change

Whats the difference between this rom and the Sense CM7 theme?
What files/features did you add from the EVO 4g rom?

The difference is that this is froyo, not cyanogenmod. Framework files were integrated from the Evo. Stock Sense = out of the box froyo without the vanilla interface. A lot of people could appreciate that. I'm using it as an everyday ROM because there are no problems... And it's not ugly.

I just noticed that with the 2nd release there is a problem with the swype. I will be removing that later, with revision #3.

does the page shower go above the menu like real sense,or under in a flat line like all themes?
Answered my own question

Nice work on this. Rom is snappy and responsive.

I have never used sense before. The two visible differentiators , judging from this rom, seem to be the dock and the clock/weather widget. Any other "goodies" that a sense noob should be aware of?

I flashed the second update over the first. It wiped all of my data and I had to set up my phone all over again. I' m not complaining, just wanted to point it out in case the OP needed to be updated with this info.

Love this Rom...... Super smooh, time without signal is better, not sure why. So, battery actually seems better. ICS is over rated.......

I just noticed that with the 2nd release there is a problem with the swype. I will be removing that later, with revision #3.

I was gonna mention that till I saw you beat me to it lol. Other than swype force closing pretty much instantly, I've seen no other problems..the talk back keyboard seems kinda jumpy but I think its just because I hover too close to the keyboard sometimes.

Good job man!

Nice work on this. Rom is snappy and responsive.

I have never used sense before. The two visible differentiators , judging from this rom, seem to be the dock and the clock/weather widget. Any other "goodies" that a sense noob should be aware of?

I flashed the second update over the first. It wiped all of my data and I had to set up my phone all over again. I' m not complaining, just wanted to point it out in case the OP needed to be updated with this info.

Yeah. I ran into the same problem myself today... I'm not sure what is causing the problem. I have looked into it, and the only way for me to get my stuff back was to use appextractor from the market for restoring data/apps.

I think the only solution as of now would be to fix the second revision and make number three. Number three being the final version of course... Until an update is required.

All in all, if you are updating then you should always wipe data first, until the problem is fixed. Sorry for the trouble.

Love this Rom...... Super smooh, time without signal is better, not sure why. So, battery actually seems better. ICS is over rated.......

I'm glad you like it :D

One problem bugging me though is that you have to put all your stuff back in if you reflash... I'm not sure what is causing it :confused: Appextractor worked perfectly for restoring data and apps after the update, so that's a good thing.

Switched from CM7 to this ROM. So far I'm loving it. Is there any way to add the add the option for black background for messaging? Also text prediction like CM7 has? Thanks

Switched from CM7 to this ROM. So far I'm loving it. Is there any way to add the add the option for black background for messaging? Also text prediction like CM7 has? Thanks

The final release is already out, but that doesn't mean I'm not still trying to fix the backing up and restoring issue. When I have that breakthrough, I will be posting it up. I will also see what I can do for your keyboard preference, but there are no promises since cm7 is gingerbread, and incompatible with froyo.

The final release is already out, but that doesn't mean I'm not still trying to fix the backing up and restoring issue. When I have that breakthrough, I will be posting it up. I will also see what I can do for your keyboard preference, but there are no promises since cm7 is gingerbread, and incompatible with froyo.

The Zip is corrupted......... error - unexpected end of archive

Back
Top Bottom