• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]JetMOD

Did Varun just spell ICS....? Dude I owe u mah life.....! :) always ready to help....(in petty stuff though, :P) do let me come of some use....ill b glad!
 
great job varun, thnx for this hard job
bt plz elaborate step by step mathod for [ROM]JetMOD™3.0|1st flashable ROM|An Indiedevers project|1st ROM with OTA updates-Micromax A75 ,like rooting stuff
because any newbie not understand thread hard language like me, so lots of thnx if you are creating more smoother steps for all,
i am very excited to use ur rom....but we have no idea ,so plz done it earliest
 
@kumarlucky7 first download this recovery.img and flash it via sp flash tool
http://www.indiasporting.com/apks/Varun/A75/Recovery/recovery.img


then power of the device and enter the recovery mode by pressing home key volumeup powerbutton
now choose install zip from sd card and select the jet rom zip file
atlast enter into the advanced option and select fix permission

note: volume buttons are used for navigating up and down and menu button for selecting
 
getting error message saying partition size changed while flashing the above recovery.img. using gionee rom. pls advice
 
Do u mean u can make a75 handle full cm9 with face recognition, full hardware accelaration n all :D, or is it a stage too inmature to answer it...:p:p
Well yeah its immature at this stage :D:D
The most important thing is getting ROM to boot
I am sure most things won't work. So with keen affection I have to fix the things in the same
But the Mega-Super Devil bug is network which is hardest thing to fix
So in all ICS is some months away from A75 but surely the day will come :)

getting error message saying partition size changed while flashing the above recovery.img. using gionee rom. pls advice
This happened with kumarabhishek too.
As I don't own A75 so no idea on this
Other people will help you better :)
 
since i am trying to flash the recovery.img as said but repeatedly getting the same error & mr. varun is there any kind of system.img for jetmod.3 so that i can flash like i did for ub-2.
 
@Vijayan delete all the extracted rom file on ur pc and

now extract the mmx new version package to a different location replace mmx recovery.img and system with the above recovery.img and ub-1 or gionee system.img
now recovery has to work fine
 
@Vijayan delete all the extracted rom file on ur pc and

now extract the mmx new version package to a different location replace mmx recovery.img and system with the above recovery.img and ub-1 or gionee system.img
now recovery has to work fine


Actually vijayan is flashing only recovery.img and he is using gionee rom so he must use the gionee scatter file.
 
@kumar gionne rom also works with mmx scatter file but we have only replace gionee system.img
for some reasons when I select gionee scatter files sp tools shows "wrong scatter file"
so I never used gionee boot,system,recovery.img
I only use system.img from gionee rom
 
@kumar gionne rom also works with mmx scatter file but we have only replace gionee system.img
for some reasons when I select gionee scatter files sp tools shows "wrong scatter file"
so I never used gionee boot,system,recovery.img
I only use system.img from gionee rom


Actually specific android scatter file is needed when u just flash recovery.img but if u flash total package then u needed not have specific scatter file that is why I told him to use gionee scatter file
 
@kumar gionne rom also works with mmx scatter file but we have only replace gionee system.img
for some reasons when I select gionee scatter files sp tools shows "wrong scatter file"
so I never used gionee boot,system,recovery.img
I only use system.img from gionee rom

Thanks sir, if only you could alert me step by step to flashing the recovery.img, mind it sir i am using a gionee rom
 
@kumar that's right but gionee scatter.img never worked for me
he should take important backups of his important apps through titanium and flash the whole things
becoz I think he flashed his rom with gionee boot and recovery.img
hence if he flash that recovery.img his phone wont boot he got to flash whole the things becoz varun's recovery is based on mmx rom but gionee system.img can be used
 
Back
Top Bottom