• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

I read the instructions, and how does one fix permissions? I'm quite curious before I consider unlocking my Spectrum's bootloader and rooting it. Thanks for any response!

Can I flash right to this from v6?

youd have to wipe data/dalvik/cache

but why from v6? just update to v7 and then ulock the bootloader and flash this.. its all pretty simple to do.. plus the new radio that comes with v7 GREATLY improved my signal.. just flashing the rom wont change the radio

That's what I'm using also. I actually don't want it in the OS as I like to be able to toggle it on and off for games (sometimes).
Ditto. An old Motorola rom had the host file coded in and it made it impossible to access some sites that use ad-based redirects. Drove me mad.

OK the netfork tweak seems to not be working so delete it from the /system/etc/init.d and delete it and flash this zip with init.d tweaks that greatly improves overall performance

update.zip ::. | by needforspeed953@gmail.com for Generic Device

ALSO WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK AFTER YOU FLASH IT AND FIX PERMISSIONS

Improves performance?! Hell, my spec is already flying along (although, I switched to Holo HD). Seriously, how the hell did you get more performance out of it?

Once I have Icy Fusion installed, I can install Rom Manager right?

Yup. Although, I find that RM is a bit of overkill. If you need something to reboot into recovery, Quick Boot is much leaner and Rom Toolbox has many more features than RM does.

Back
Top Bottom