• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

OK I flashed v2.7 and it booted up and first thing was that the cm9 apps weren't there and the power button didn't turn screen off?? Removed beats audio and I may have screwed up the audio, so I think I need to remove the build prop tweaks (they aren't really needed) and replace the phone and contacts with lg's got some debugging to do will fix it tonight (feels really smooth with the system control tweaks)

OK I flashed v2.7 and it booted up and first thing was that the cm9 apps weren't there and the power button didn't turn screen off?? Removed beats audio and I may have screwed up the audio, so I think I need to remove the build prop tweaks (they aren't really needed) and replace the phone and contacts with lg's got some debugging to do will fix it tonight (feels really smooth with the system control tweaks)

I was going to mention that earlier. I don't think we can go ASOP/AKOP with the dialer as LG has made it so difficult to remove it and the way it intertwines with everything else. :-/

Personally? I would love to have the ASOP dialer, but at the same time, I'd wonder what that would do with the ROM stability.

Very nice work!

Just flashed v2.0 and seems I found a bug. Using Homescreen, when I use the Quick Settings (swipe from the left) and attempt to toggle GPS, Homescreen FC's.

Very nice work!

Just flashed v2.0 and seems I found a bug. Using Homescreen, when I use the Quick Settings (swipe from the left) and attempt to toggle GPS, Homescreen FC's.

Yeah I'll try to move it to system to see if that fixes it or I think it a worldwide error for anyone

Ok, pushed Homescreen to /system/app. It solves the FC and opens up the Location Settings panel when you click on GPS. :)

OK so v2.7 still has the stupid power button issue so I'm just going to trash this update and start fresh from v2.0 and go from there and add everything in minus the init.d tweaks and build prop tweaks will do an update tomorrow thanks everyone!

OK so v2.7 still has the stupid power button issue so I'm just going to trash this update and start fresh from v2.0 and go from there and add everything in minus the init.d tweaks and build prop tweaks will do an update tomorrow thanks everyone!

What did I miss with the power button??? Mine works. I click it, phone goes on. I click it. Phone goes off. I hold it, menu comes up.

what did you break??? ;)

No on version 2.7

Azoller isn't this ROM running the first leak and not the second just wondering cause it has t-cdma 64 in status bar. Thanks for the awesome ROM :) I've got good battery and performance on this although the stock browser would be nice, that's a me problem though lol thanks :)

Azoller isn't this ROM running the first leak and not the second just wondering cause it has t-cdma 64 in status bar. Thanks for the awesome ROM :) I've got good battery and performance on this although the stock browser would be nice, that's a me problem though lol thanks :)

What do you mean by first leak? This is based off of the ICS ota update

Results from one day testing. The battery life is a lot better right from the get go. I had one random reboot yesterday which I am not concerned about. It happened regularly on the OTA for the first few days. Volume during calls seems less as others have noticed as well.
Did you uninstall the clock app? I don't see it. How can you set the alarm on the phone without it?

Hi Az, super job. Can't wait for your update.
I have a request: Would it be possible for you to include email apk from tdm's CM9? It is version 4.1. It is better, faster and most importantly, it does not limit the number of days you can sync your exchange email. I have the actual apk file if you want. Thanks

Results from one day testing. The battery life is a lot better right from the get go. I had one random reboot yesterday which I am not concerned about. It happened regularly on the OTA for the first few days. Volume during calls seems less as others have noticed as well.
Did you uninstall the clock app? I don't see it. How can you set the alarm on the phone without it?

Lol... I just noticed that the clock was missing too. But, there tons of them in the market that far surpass the LG app in many ways. I personally like the DoubleTwist alarm clock.

I thought that too... Then I started using Chrome (which I pushed to /system/app). Seems to be a lot snappier than the stock browser.

You might not want to do that. Chrome has a huge data cache and it might not fully clear if considered by the os to be a system app.

You might not want to do that. Chrome has a huge data cache and it might not fully clear if considered by the os to be a system app.

I thought about that when I did it. I'm still testing it, but I also clear my caches so often (manually), that for my use, it shouldn't be too bad. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else without more testing first.

Back
Top Bottom