• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

Hi Az, super job. Can't wait for your update.
I have a request: Would it be possible for you to include email apk from tdm's CM9? It is version 4.1. It is better, faster and most importantly, it does not limit the number of days you can sync your exchange email. I have the actual apk file if you want. Thanks

Or even the stock email client would be nice. I was able to have all of my email addresses in one place with that.

Hmmm, not having much luck with this rom. At least 4 random reboots today, and my battery life has been terrible. Was down to 50% in less than four hours from full charge.

Hi Az, super job. Can't wait for your update.
I have a request: Would it be possible for you to include email apk from tdm's CM9? It is version 4.1. It is better, faster and most importantly, it does not limit the number of days you can sync your exchange email. I have the actual apk file if you want. Thanks
Is the 4.2 gmail bad? I'll try tdms and test it its cm9 so it may not work because of framework

Edit: oh sorry I thought you said gmail my bad yeah I'll put in the email app

Hmmm, not having much luck with this rom. At least 4 random reboots today, and my battery life has been terrible. Was down to 50% in less than four hours from full charge.

Well the best way to flash this is take the OTA update then unlock then do full wipe then flash, did you come from v6?

Results from one day testing. The battery life is a lot better right from the get go. I had one random reboot yesterday which I am not concerned about. It happened regularly on the OTA for the first few days. Volume during calls seems less as others have noticed as well.
Did you uninstall the clock app? I don't see it. How can you set the alarm on the phone without it?

I noticed that the clock app was not there also, and installed alarm clock xtreme from the play store. Works great for me.

OK i am testing new version with some more 4.2 apps like email and others, also put in new init.d tweaks and build prop tweaks that shouldn't screw up anything also added chrome and stock ICS browser and other fixes and apps.....

OK i am testing new version with some more 4.2 apps like email and others, also put in new init.d tweaks and build prop tweaks that shouldn't screw up anything also added chrome and stock ICS browser and other fixes and apps.....

Hope all goes well

Actually you said when you add a word to the dictionary it fc'd? How did you add a word?

Type the word, click and hold it (to highlight) and then select add to dictionary. It gets up to trying to add it to the user dictionary and then Settings FCs.

Now uploading v2.5(using dev-host now:)) and the only issue i found(besides coderaz's issue)is that if you have the razr m homescreen in the system apps the circles widgets wont work or the weather widget BUT the gps quick setting does work, if you have the homescreen in the data folder apps the widgets do work BUT not the gps quick setting.......(not sure how to fix this yet)

it never says add to dictionary, post a screenshot

Done. I just thought of something (and don't kill me). I'm running the JB 4.1 Messaging app (although I don't *think* that would have anything to do with it, per se. But, you never know.

Attachments

• 2012-11-06 17.50.09.png
    2012-11-06 17.50.09.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 111
and your using the keyboard with the rom? try using lg's ics messaging app that MAYBE be the problem like you said

and your using the keyboard with the rom? try using lg's ics messaging app that MAYBE be the problem like you said

Just tried it. Same thing. This time, instead of the side loading menu, I got the drop down. Click the + Add To Dictionary and same results.

I'm using the stock keyboard. I'm at work, so I can't grab a logcat to the PC, but I might be able to grab one local.

[Screenies]

Attachments

• 2012-11-06 18.39.53.png
    2012-11-06 18.39.53.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 2012-11-06 18.39.20.png
    2012-11-06 18.39.20.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 100
oh i was doing it wrong earlier, and yes i see it and it does force close. to bad i already uploaded the rom, ill make an update real quick, think i may have removed a system app or ill try changing to a different keyboard

oh i was doing it wrong earlier, and yes i see it and it does force close. to bad i already uploaded the rom, ill make an update real quick, think i may have removed a system app or ill try changing to a different keyboard

So I'm not crazy? ;)

Back
Top Bottom