• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

Does this ROM have Google Ears built in?

Also, pretty sure i know the answer, but... anyone have bluetooth working on this ROM? I love what I'm seeing, but I've gotta have my BT... :)

About to flash v2.5. Just wanted to make sure I'm okay in flashing from v2.0 in this order:

cwm
wipe data/dalvisk/cache
flash
restart

Thanks in advance.

No need to wipe data, or cache or dalvik, because when you flash the ROM it already wipes cache and dalvik, but you can its whatever:)

My phone doesnt give me the option to select usb mode when I plug it in now. When it happened before, I rebooted and the problem was fixed but 3 reboots so far and the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

My phone doesnt give me the option to select usb mode when I plug it in now. When it happened before, I rebooted and the problem was fixed but 3 reboots so far and the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

Did you keep it in once you rebooted? Keep it in the whole way, and always click on USB mass storage because sometimes it wont say USB plugged in you still have to click it in the connectivity settings

I thought about that when I did it. I'm still testing it, but I also clear my caches so often (manually), that for my use, it shouldn't be too bad. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else without more testing first.
Agreed. You can still clear caches with system apps, but you might not be able to null do it within the app, so you'll have to rely on apps like rom toolbox or titanium backup.

Well the best way to flash this is take the OTA update then unlock then do full wipe then flash, did you come from v6?

No, I did not. Working on that now, but did not know to do that.

Also, looks like you said that Bluetooth is not working? Might want to list that on the Issues on the OG post.

No, I did not. Working on that now, but did not know to do that.

Also, looks like you said that Bluetooth is not working? Might want to list that on the Issues on the OG post.

he wasn't saying you need to come from v6, he was asking if you had because it has not been tested with flashing from v6 and therefore that may have been the reason why you are having issues.

Bluetooth is an issue with all the roms other than pure stock v7. Once you unlock the phone it kills the bluetooth. That is why he didn't list it in the bug section because it's not a bug with the rom but it's a bug with the phone being unlocked.

Using 2.5, does seem smoother than stock, although Antutu scores are pretty much exactly the same (version 1 scored lower than stock so you did improve it ;)). I can't find the ICS browser anywhere, not in my app drawer or app manager, using Nova if that matters.

The only other small complaint I have is in the sounds menu when picking the ringtone/notification there's a plus sign in the top right corner that would let you add music files to the list. Now it says the needed application (stock music player I'm guessing) is disabled. Not a huge deal, thought it was a cool feature of ICS but there are other ways to accomplish the same thing.

Nice work, it has definitely improved since you first started it and nice to see the performance/battery tweaks, definitely the best ROM so far, keep it up!

he wasn't saying you need to come from v6, he was asking if you had because it has not been tested with flashing from v6 and therefore that may have been the reason why you are having issues.

Yeah, I got that, sorry I was not more clear. I meant I was working on loading v6 then taking the OTA to ICS. I came from BO 2, which I understand to be v4.

Bluetooth is an issue with all the roms other than pure stock v7. Once you unlock the phone it kills the bluetooth. That is why he didn't list it in the bug section because it's not a bug with the rom but it's a bug with the phone being unlocked.
I am not pointing fingers, but if a rom--regardless of reason--has something not working, it should be listed. I loaded this ROM vs another because this one did not list Bluetooth as an issue where another did. Based on the Issues section, it would appear (to the less experienced) that everything is working.

I am not pointing fingers, but if a rom--regardless of reason--has something not working, it should be listed. I loaded this ROM vs another because this one did not list Bluetooth as an issue where another did. Based on the Issues section, it would appear (to the less experienced) that everything is working.

As he explained before it's not the ROM, it's the boot unlocker. So the only way you can have functioning Bluetooth right now is to stay stock with locked boot loader (can still be rooted, just can't have CWM, which means no flashing ROMs ). I understand your point about it being posted, but it should be posted on the unlocker tool, since even if you go back to unlocked "stock" your Bluetooth still won't work.

Type the word, click and hold it (to highlight) and then select add to dictionary. It gets up to trying to add it to the user dictionary and then Settings FCs.

Having the same problem with Tapatalk And Touch Pal keyboard, and any other combination of apps and keyboards. I can add to the keyboard dictionaries fine, the problem is with the system spell check/dictionary.

OK the keyboard issue thing will be fixed or adding a new word, also the adding a new ringtone from the settings I need to add lg's music player I'm pretty sure and did anyone try the framework with CRT? And yes Bluetooth IS not working!!!!! Not the Roms fault!!

Edit: wow I feel stupid I forgot to add the ICS lg browser I thought I did guess not....

Did you keep it in once you rebooted? Keep it in the whole way, and always click on USB mass storage because sometimes it wont say USB plugged in you still have to click it in the connectivity settings

I kept it in the whole way, it doesnt give me the option to change the usb mode

No, but I've used this cable for a while and it has always worked. I figured that the cable might have messed up so I tried two other cables and still the same.

That might be the issue other than that I'm not sure did you flash this from v6?

Update on my experience with your rom (I'm running 2.0):

Battery life is exceptional so far. It's very responsive and hasn't really shown me any lag. It's future development is looking promising also. The only thing that is keeping from upgrading to 2.5 is the circles widget in the razr m launcher not working. It shouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I don't know what it is but I just like having my clock, weather, and battery percentage all in one widget.

Back
Top Bottom