• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

I got around 4 hours and a half out of my battery with the brightness at 50% and the screen always on. Is this normal, below average or above average?

I got around 4 hours and a half out of my battery with the brightness at 50% and the screen always on. Is this normal, below average or above average?

thats actually not bad. Keeping the screen on nonstop is gonna be a huge battery drainer. The screen drains the battery more than any other single thing. 4.5 hours of use out of the phone with the screen on the whole time isn't bad at all.

managed to move inverted messaging and email into this rom along with lg music player so now i have ringtones as well! Finally got it where i want, thank you Azoller1 for this sweet build(:

thats actually not bad. Keeping the screen on nonstop is gonna be a huge battery drainer. The screen drains the battery more than any other single thing. 4.5 hours of use out of the phone with the screen on the whole time isn't bad at all.

That's great! Now I just have to run the same test on v7 and see how that holds up compared to this.

BTW it's well above average. I think something around 2.5 would be average for most smartphones.

Well, part of it could have been that there was an absence of basic smartphone usage such as texting, using apps and browsing the web. This is what usually kills my phone.

Just wondering, is it true that with Gingerbread, the Dual-Core processor was not even being used until the latest OTA, ICS? and if so, is it now being used on this custom ROM b/c it is based off of the ICS image? anybody know?

Just wondering, is it true that with Gingerbread, the Dual-Core processor was not even being used until the latest OTA, ICS? and if so, is it now being used on this custom ROM b/c it is based off of the ICS image? anybody know?

thats not true at all. GB used both cores. I ran a cpu monitor on my spectrum for months while being on GB and i had a gauge in my status bar that showed when and how much each core was being used and pretty much both cores were always being used. Some task would even max out the use on each core.

It doesn't run like a dual core pc does, but they've both been operational since day one.

I definitely think you are correct there mrB. When I did used to monitor the cpu cores usage I noticed that a lot of task would use the resources of all my cpu rather than use all the resources of one core and leave the other for me to use for something else. Even to this day this phone is basically unusable while installing an apk. I'm sure others have noticed the extreme lag of the phone while it's installing an apk, and this really shouldn't be happening if the OS would tell that task to only use one core to complete and use the other core for whatever else you are trying to do. It would also be nice if at boot once you are at the homescreen only one core would be used to start up everything and the other be free for you to use the phone. This phone is so laggy for the first 30 seconds or so after start up.

PS. I'm not sure if the above statement is exactly technically true in the sense that perhaps this is a problem more with the tech of the s3 chip and not the OS. So you geeks forgive me if I made a mistake in my observations. :P

I wonder if the CPUs in this phone have a unified cache? If they don't that could explain some performance issues. It is harder to do multiprocessing with a nonunified cache because the other CPU may not have access to all the data on hand when sharing the responsibilities.

sound eq for google music would be nice , great rom its my DD. thanks
As far as I know, we can't use 3rd party eq apps... Our sound libs don't support it. You can try to install cyanogenmod Dsp manager, and it will fc every time you try to apply some eq change.

Right now, only eqs in apps (affecting that app only) work to alter sound levels.

As far as I know, we can't use 3rd party eq apps... Our sound libs don't support it. You can try to install cyanogenmod Dsp manager, and it will fc every time you try to apply some eq change.

Right now, only eqs in apps (affecting that app only) work to alter sound levels.

Nitro got dsp manager to work in his eclipse rom.

Good to hear there's an app that works... I've tried several with no success.

But its a shame you have to pay for the eq features. I can't stand when devs do crap like that... Make it a time based trial, but if I can't even test half of the features, why would I risk buying it?

Good to hear there's an app that works... I've tried several with no success.

But its a shame you have to pay for the eq features. I can't stand when devs do crap like that... Make it a time based trial, but if I can't even test half of the features, why would I risk buying it?

U get 15 minutes to test n get full refund.

I'm aware of Google refund process. 15 minutes isn't enough to test ANY app, especially one like an audio app.

I put in acid audio engine because that might help with voice calling I dont know it might help I'll have two updates actually one with or without the engine

Back
Top Bottom