• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Manager error message

The only rom that has been available for the ally in rom manager is Velocity .2.

I believe that the hosting location for the rom changed. It just has not ever been updated in rom manager. That is the reason for the error. Rom Manager looks for the rom, but cannot find it.

all the roms for the ally can be found here:

Roms

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm downloading Velocity v0.4 and I saw that it said that wiping the sd:ext was mandatory along with some other things. Whenever I wipe my phone to install a new ROM, it always says that wiping the SD card partition was skipped and the phone is unable to do this, then the phone gets stuck at the boot animation. Anybody know what's up with that?

Upvote 0
Installing a rom directly from rom manager causes issues. First and foremost, you dont get the option to clear dalvik cache which is extremely important to the process. Unless that is fixed then i wouldnt recommend using it. Amon-ra is a much better recovery.

In ROM Manager, there's an option to flash an alternate recovery called "RA_GNM Recovery v1.2.5"

Is this Amon-ra?

Upvote 0
You get that error because Rom Managers Clockwork recovery doesn't ever mount the sd-ext partition correctly. Your best bet is flashing the alternate recovery as stated above... it really will save you a lot of frustration and hassle. Rom manager is a good idea in that it is very automated, but it is not suited for roms with ext partitions (required for apps 2 SD to work), and doesnt wipe dalvik cache without going into recovery manually. I hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: Groves
Upvote 0
I recently tried to flash Damage Control Rom 5.3. In Rom manager I am unable to down load damage control as I get an error and none of those Roms show up. I got my hands on a Damage control Zip, followed all the steps dalvik wipe etc, booted into recovery and it goes half way and stops saying its done but gets stuck in a reboot loop. What I noticed is I can only flash Roms that are down loaded by Rom Manager directly. I can not flash any Rom just from the Zip as most claim. Do you have any ideas?
By the way I have a HTC Evo and I am running Rom manager Premium. Really hope you can help, thanks.

Upvote 0
I recently tried to flash Damage Control Rom 5.3. In Rom manager I am unable to down load damage control as I get an error and none of those Roms show up. I got my hands on a Damage control Zip, followed all the steps dalvik wipe etc, booted into recovery and it goes half way and stops saying its done but gets stuck in a reboot loop. What I noticed is I can only flash Roms that are down loaded by Rom Manager directly. I can not flash any Rom just from the Zip as most claim. Do you have any ideas?
By the way I have a HTC Evo and I am running Rom manager Premium. Really hope you can help, thanks.

You do realize this is an Ally forum right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones