• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][MetroPCS][Sprint] MetrogenMod 4.5+ KelsogenMod 4.5 (2-21-12)

Loving the rom. Took me a couple tries to get it how I wanted it (anyone else had trouble with drk tremors a2sd?) also, had a strange situation that I couldn't find any posts about and I was unable to find a cause of: I was setting up v6 scharger with busy box, and Busybox kept telling me I didn't have root and wouldn't install. Kinda weird. So I ended up having to reflash the rom. No idea how/why it happened. Also, for kicks I used root checker and it said I didn't have proper root access (but I actually did.) all is well now, but it was just a strange phenomenon to me.

Hey kelso just wanted to know if this has a2sd already?
Is there a way to get the messages time right? I've noticed if I get a text back second later it puts it as if I had received it before the message I sent?

Hey kelso just wanted to know if this has a2sd already?
Is there a way to get the messages time right? I've noticed if I get a text back second later it puts it as if I had received it before the message I sent?

I'm not sure why its doing that. I believe this is a nightly build. So that may be why its doing that. Might have a bug or something.

Guys I have been reading for several days now trying to understand how flashing works (yeah i'm a NOOB) and i appreciate all the work you have all put into this espescially mikekelso421. I have read the guide on xda but it seems to be alittle old (2010). I have searched for a guide but they all seem very vague especially when it comes to the actual flashing/ using apn/ wipe. I currently have android version 2.2 with metrodroid v2.2, prl 3027 and everything seems is working fine except for spotty/slow 1x/3g speeds in Miami where most say they have great speeds (except for the last few days).
1. how is metrogenmod 4.5 gonna help with speeds, phone function etc. ?
2 if there is a risk is it worth it to me because i have evrything working, just slow speeds?
3. can i revert back if i need to/brick it
4. where do i donate?

I have cdma, qpst and all the files on the first page of this thread

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

Guys I have been reading for several days now trying to understand how flashing works (yeah i'm a NOOB) and i appreciate all the work you have all put into this espescially mikekelso421. I have read the guide on xda but it seems to be alittle old (2010). I have searched for a guide but they all seem very vague especially when it comes to the actual flashing/ using apn/ wipe. I currently have android version 2.2 with metrodroid v2.2, prl 3027 and everything seems is working fine except for spotty/slow 1x/3g speeds in Miami where most say they have great speeds (except for the last few days).
2 if there is a risk is it worth it to me because i have evrything working, just slow speeds?
4. where do i donate?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

all you need to do is make a nandroid backup (make 2 if you want to be super safe..u can always store them on your cpu if need be)

Backup all your apps with titanium backup(optional)

wipe everything twice (except sdcard!!!)

flash metrogenmod then Gapps (Google Apps)

then reboot (will take like 5 min to boot)

everything will be nice,fast,clean and most of all fully functional.

if something goes wrong in the process,just do a full wipe and restore one of your nandroids...

as for the prl,you can always try an older prl to see if that helps..thats a brand new one so it may not be good to use at the moment..try the next one down and see how that works (prl 3026)

if you havent tried AOSP yet,id try it.. (tiamat kernels always work quite well for CM7/AOSP ROMS)

HOPE THAT HELPS.

and all my stuff is free/for fun..no need to donate.just hit the THANKS button...if you REALLY want to donate,i can PM you my address and you can mail it if you want..lol:rolleyes:

4. where do i donate?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

the rom itself is fast!! (because it is CM7) everything works perfectly. internet speeds are just based on your area and your prl.
there's really no risk if you have recovery
you can always go back by doing a nandroid and/or you can update your current rom since i do believe metrodroid is on update 4
as to donating....im not sure, if any links they should be in the OP

thanks guys. What would the world be like if everyone gave back to the community like so many have done here?
found a guide on youtube. wish me luck will post back results and hopefully i can switch from taker to giver

thanks guys. What would the world be like if everyone gave back to the community like so many have done here?

to be clear i have to place all these files on the sd card and go from there? or do i have to use qpst or cdma for the actual flashing? i will be searching online for the answer to this but haven't found anything yet. that where everything gets vague and everyone speaks as if your dumb if you dont know.

only use qpst and cdma to program your phone's internet and phone service related stuff (newest prl is 3027).
as of flashing rom, yes. just put the zip files in your sd (metrogenmod, gapps, and tiamat if you're flashing kernel too) and boot into recovery, wipe everything 2 or 3 times and then flash metrogenmod and gapps, reboot. and if you're changing kernels boot back into recovery, wipe dalvik cache and cache, flash kernel, and reboot.

ok i just flashed (after wiping everything x3)cm 7.1 supersonic and tiamat and gapps. every screen flickers especially when inputting text everything works but its laggy and i cant deal with the flicker so gonna try aosp. but i gotta find it first. do i have to reflash the kernel when changing rom's?

ok i just flashed (after wiping everything x3)cm 7.1 supersonic and tiamat and gapps. every screen flickers especially when inputting text everything works but its laggy and i cant deal with the flicker so gonna try aosp. but i gotta find it first. do i have to reflash the kernel when changing rom's?

if you want cm7, i recommend you use metrogenmod since you're flashed to metro (it comes with mms fix already in the rom) the reason your screen is flickering is because you flashed the kernel. if you want to flash a different kernel you have to first boot into the rom, then go back to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik and then flash the kernel.
by the way cm7 is an AOSP rom

ok after cm7 i tried bio-sense which was pretty cool but you're right, i can see why i need a rom for metropcs. But i have clockwork recovery, in op it says i need to flash amonRA through "fastboot" that is new to me. please explain. downloading rom now.

ok after cm7 i tried bio-sense which was pretty cool but you're right, i can see why i need a rom for metropcs. But i have clockwork recovery, in op it says i need to flash amonRA through "fastboot" that is new to me. please explain. downloading rom now.

Download amon ra 2.3. Make sure its the flash with fastboot one. It should be labeled..place the zip on your SD card. Not in any folders just on the SD card. Rename the zip file PC36IMG. Power off the phone. Hold vol down and power. The phone will boot into fastboot. It will scan the SD for a file named PC36IMG..it will ask if u want to apply update. Select yes. Once its done ,select recovery. Then it will boot into amon ra recovery. Make sure to make a backup right away.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Do what mikekelso said and then if you want your mms to work you're going to have to flash an extra zip

While i was waiting i tried metrodroid 4.5, not bad and may have to stick with it for a few days till i can play again. working out a few bugs i caused on my own working with titanium backup. I didn't check the box that says close running apps before backing up so now i have some forceclosures and apps that wont uninstall. no big deal. thanks guys

BTW any big differences between metrogen and metrodroid?

While i was waiting i tried metrodroid 4.5, not bad and may have to stick with it for a few days till i can play again. working out a few bugs i caused on my own working with titanium backup. I didn't check the box that says close running apps before backing up so now i have some forceclosures and apps that wont uninstall. no big deal. thanks guys

BTW any big differences between metrogen and metrodroid?

metrogen is cm7 and metrodroid is a sense rom
it all depends on what you like. im a sense person so im running a sense 3.5 rom, wastes more battery than an AOSP rom like cm7 but i like the way it looks

Welcome to Mikekelso421's AOSP Project.HOME of MetrogenMod 7.1

This is an AOSP rom i compiled myself and is my FIRST compiled from source rom.this is just cm7 with a couple things modified and it seems to run smoother with less FC's and my lockscreen is nice and smooth with no screen lag.try it out and let me know how it goes for ya.im running it on my evo now and its great! you will need Gapps as well,just like CM.

-MetrogenMod Rom- (Metropcs Flashed Evo's ONLY)
This is the same build as my other compiled cm7 rom but is configured to have MMS working RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! Simply "superwipe"+flash ROM+flash gapps+reboot!

These are my add-on zips,Flash awaY (these are not my work,just sharing for others to use)

Unvisible Tweaks (recommended)
GPS FIX (recommended if you want your GPS to work)
SUPERWIPE (wipes cache+system+boot+data x3 for clean wipe)
Gapps (google apps)
AmonRA Recovery (rename to PC36IMG.ZIP and flash through fastboot)

These are my ROM download Links,there are alot like it,but these are mine!

[For Update-3,I recommend a FULL WIPE before flashing this.If you choose not to wipe before flashing,please dont report any bugs or issues to me.i flashed and am running this now,everything is working EXCEPT video camera wont display video after recording (working on it).but camera works fine]

For Those of you on Sprint [Updated 2-21-12]

KelsogenMod 4.5 [Update-4] (sprint)

And for those of you with MetroPCS [updated 2-20-12]

MetrogenMod 4.5 [Update 4]

thanks everyone for checking out my thread! enjoy my rom and be sure to hit the thanks button if you like my work! :)

Special thanks to:
Ghost.Rider- for helping me thru the whole thing and assisting me with all my questions!
Bloodkillers-for the MMS script i used to make my MMS-READY MetroPCS ROM
CyanogenMod-for their AWESOME GB source
XDA-for one of the best forum sites on the net
AndroidForums-for yet another GREAT forum site! Best noob friendly environment ive been in!
Team KANG-For their AWESOME Contributions to the android world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-MetrogenMod-

:12-14-11:
-added adjustments to the build.prop
-optimized every single png in all .apks in this rom (saved like 5mb or a lil more)
-light theming of framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk for a better stock look :)
-changed bootanimation because this is MY ROM NOW!! (POWNED)
-added ICS animations
-more coming soon!

:12-22-11:
-Completely reconstructed framework and systemUI
-Ported Official ICS framework and SystemUI pngs
-redid some icons to match the ICS framework
-made wifi scan interval 2min for better battery
-custom wallpapaers located in CM WALLPAPERS
-couple other things

:2-19-12:
-Started from scratch.resynced the GB repo source
-New features added by Team Kang (check out CM Settings)
-New Custom Wallpapers (Sense 3.0 + ICS)
-Removed Androidian (stock default is Cyanbread)
-added 2 sweet themes (not my work)
-included Unvisible Tweaks+GPS Fix
-2 min wifi scan interval
-others that i forgot.i def suggest flashing this new build.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-KelsogenMod-

: 12-17-11:
-added adjustments to the build.prop
-light theming of framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk for a better stock look :)
-changed bootanimation because this is MY ROM NOW!! (POWNED)
-added ICS animations
-more coming soon!

:12-22-11:
-Completely reconstructed framework and systemUI
-Ported Official ICS framework and SystemUI pngs
-redid some icons to match the ICS framework
-made wifi scan interval 2min for better battery
-custom wallpapers located in CM WALLAPAPERS
-couple other things
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:Screenshots:

screenshot-1323594293817.png

Can i just flash MetrogenMod update 4 being i already have your version update 3? Or do i have to wipe Everything again and start over? What happen to Throttle-B-Gone, is it included in your update. I still have all the files from when i originaly flashed ypour update 3 a few months ago.and seen throttle was not listed anymore.
also: I have another Htc Evo i just bought, I flashed your updated 4, but mms wont work, what could be wrong? I wiped everything 3 x's and superflashed. Still won't work :confused:, so i put the updated 3 (like my other evo*Everything working*:) Still no mms ?? But this Evo had 2.3.5.I had to unlock the bootloader with HTCdev method and did amon ra 2.3. Could that be the problem? Thank You :)

Can i just flash MetrogenMod update 4 being i already have your version update 3? Or do i have to wipe Everything again and start over? What happen to Throttle-B-Gone, is it included in your update. I still have all the files from when i originaly flashed ypour update 3 a few months ago.and seen throttle was not listed anymore.
also: I have another Htc Evo i just bought, I flashed your updated 4, but mms wont work, what could be wrong? I wiped everything 3 x's and superflashed. Still won't work :confused:, so i put the updated 3 (like my other evo*Everything working*:) Still no mms ?? But this Evo had 2.3.5.I had to unlock the bootloader with HTCdev method and did amon ra 2.3. Could that be the problem? Thank You :)

hmmmmm...i DID test it and everything worked for me...:confused: but maybe it was working cuz i previously had my phone provisioned before i flashed the rom...it your wifi on while trying to send/recieve??

hmmmmm...i DID test it and everything worked for me...:confused: but maybe it was working cuz i previously had my phone provisioned before i flashed the rom...it your wifi on while trying to send/recieve??

I tried wifi on and off for mms But still Not working. I had the Evo flashed for Text and talk only.Maybe that's why the mms don't work? But it did originally have a Bad esn , i didn't know it when i bought it. Read on here somewhere you saying a bad esn phone will have problems So i have everything working(except mms) with your update 3 version and selling it.

The Evo i use now does have your update 3 on it. With mms working :) I'am wanting to put your update 4.5 on. Do i have to start fresh with wipe Dalvik,cache,data X's 3 +Superwipe then flash Rom + add on's..Thank You for your help :)

You should be able to dirty flash it. (Just wipe cache and dalvik a couple times then flash over) it should work,but dirty flashing is never guaranteed to be flawless. There's always a chance it could be buggy,laggy etc.

You should be able to dirty flash it. (Just wipe cache and dalvik a couple times then flash over) it should work,but dirty flashing is never guaranteed to be flawless. There's always a chance it could be buggy,laggy etc.

Maybe i will do a nandroid, and just wipe everything and start new so i don't have any problems.That way it works flawless. I love my Evo..I want it to run smooth..lol Thanks for your help:)

Back
Top Bottom