• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Katana ROM *Updated 11-16-2015*

Really? I've been on Katana since the first build and have always had G4 Tweaksbox installed and running 100%. You did buy the pro key right?

Yeah it works ? The only wierd bug I found was when you change the quick settings toggle colors it shows an orange circle when its activated

Yeah it works ? The only wierd bug I found was when you change the quick settings toggle colors it shows an orange circle when its activated
I got the same problem , the recent apps menu blur keeps going back to regular & I can no longer put the 7th soft key as g4 tweaksbox has an option to put back the menu softkey.

Have a question on DrakenFX Boot animations. Do I just flash this in TWRP like I would a rom or is there anything special I need to do. Never messed with animations and a noob. Appreciate the help.

Been running Katana nearly 2 weeks. Battery life is ridiculously good. (Today)Nearly 3 hours since unplugging and the phone has not been used and battery is still 100%. Would Greenify or Amplify really be needed for this ROM?

Been running Katana nearly 2 weeks. Battery life is ridiculously good. (Today)Nearly 3 hours since unplugging and the phone has not been used and battery is still 100%. Would Greenify or Amplify really be needed for this ROM?
No it's not needed but it certainly does add more to your battery. I set it up with PowerNap, Greenify, and Amplify. With this I get on a average day 5 hours SOC and if I'm lucky I'll get 6-7 SOC Props to GT and the whole Android community for these amazing tweaks and Apps ;)
(Note that I used my personal settings for this so results may vary.)

I got the same problem , the recent apps menu blur keeps going back to regular & I can no longer put the 7th soft key as g4 tweaksbox has an option to put back the menu softkey.
Just gonna throw this out there but g4tweaksbox was built specifically for the g4, anything that isnt a g4 is gonna have some bugs since they use somewhat different code, framework, etc.

@Blu8 I now I said that I wouldn't switch roms until another one was release. honestly I really hate resetting my phone to were I like it but i love using other roms. I've installed this rom before but had problems, do you know a way I can create my own Gapps? I know I was told how to do it before but nothing happened.

Create as in make them from scratch? You'd have to download source from github and build it.. I THINK don't quote me on that. When I tried to flash gapps using opengapps aroma version it didn't work for some reason so I'm not sure it would work, and frankly I'm too lazy to backup and reflash atm

Create as in make them from scratch? You'd have to download source from github and build it.. I THINK don't quote me on that. When I tried to flash gapps using opengapps aroma version it didn't work for some reason so I'm not sure it would work, and frankly I'm too lazy to backup and reflash atm

Yeah, I know draken told me how to do it via titanium backup but when I flash the zip nothing happens, lol. I'm currently backing up my current rom to give this another go.

I probably had problems the last time because I restored my apps via titanium backup.

Ohh, not sure I would trust TiBu to make flashable zips, you can try though but definitely backup right after you flash just the ROM and partitions. Restoring apps may have been the problem, depends on the app though. Personally I had to reflash recently because my battery life was horrible for some reason, reflashed and watched what I installed and got 7 hours screen on time on the first charge, make of that what you will....

Ohh, not sure I would trust TiBu to make flashable zips, you can try though but definitely backup right after you flash just the ROM and partitions. Restoring apps may have been the problem, depends on the app though. Personally I had to reflash recently because my battery life was horrible for some reason, reflashed and watched what I installed and got 7 hours screen on time on the first charge, make of that what you will....
ok, thanks. so probably having them install from the play store would be better, I know we get a option to insall as new device or install previous apps via playstore so that's what I'll try.

Back
Top Bottom