• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM question (On HTC EVO 4G)

I have been using MYN Warm 2.2 ROM on my evo for a long time now. I really like the ROM but a few things i dont like.

1. The Weather where the clock is no longer works.
2. It does freeze up and crash sometimes.
3. I downloaded and am using a keyboard i dont like and ive tried keyboard apps and i installed some update in ROM MANAGER and didnt make a backup and now i dont like the keyboard.

What can i do about my issues? I have tried countless other roms and like thisd one best but would like to fix the issues I have.

Any help would be great. Also, im using a 32GB micro sd class 10. So its not my card thats slow sometimes, its the rom that freezes and doesent respond sometimes.

I have been using MYN Warm 2.2 ROM on my evo for a long time now. I really like the ROM but a few things i dont like.

3. I downloaded and am using a keyboard i dont like and ive tried keyboard apps and i installed some update in ROM MANAGER and didnt make a backup and now i dont like the keyboard.

What can i do about my issues? I have tried countless other roms and like thisd one best but would like to fix the issues I have.

Any help would be great. Also, im using a 32GB micro sd class 10. So its not my card thats slow sometimes, its the rom that freezes and doesent respond sometimes.

Never really tried Myn's, but you'll get better responses here: EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

well i would start by getting rid of rom manager and clockwork recovery and switching to AmonRA recovery.
try downloading rom again and wipe everything more than once and then flash rom again

Upvote 0
well i would start by getting rid of rom manager and clockwork recovery and switching to AmonRA recovery.
try downloading rom again and wipe everything more than once and then flash rom again

How would i go about doing that? I have my rom backed up in ROM MANAGER and i have custom fonts that were hard to get and id like to keep it all the same. Is there a way i could?

Upvote 0
How would i go about doing that? I have my rom backed up in ROM MANAGER and i have custom fonts that were hard to get and id like to keep it all the same. Is there a way i could?

yeah rom manager has been known to be very buggy and create more issues then it is worth. also i would ditch clockwork mod recovery for amon ra 2.3. it is much better and wipes better then cwm. you can find all the info you need including instructions on how to switch recoveries from here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. also the guide will go over how to wipe and flash roms properly as well.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones