• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rb3mod [LINKS DEAD....]

rbheromax

Android Expert
This is a modified stock rom for SPH-M840 Ring/Prevail2
I have removed stock TW launcher and replaced with a MUCH slimmer launcher.
Removed TW widgets
Also removed un-needed Gapps (Magazines, Youtube, Music, etc. can be re-installed using Play Store)

It has bootanimation zip support so you can use your favorite boot animation with it as long as its sized for 480x800 pixels (our screen size)

It has the GS4 Play Store Edition Boot Animation

Comes with busybox preinstalled and prerooted.

my rb3 v6.0.1+ kernel as default with custom io sched and cpu govs

http://dev.dtalley11.com/rbheromax/roms/rb3mod-r2.zip

Ur mod rom that u said u removed google books etc slimmer launcher had no widgets and all google apps are in there still

I left books in there because I think that reading is important
slimmer launcher doesnt support widgets (cleaner interface)
in due time, the rest of the gapps will be slowly taken out (un-important ones like maps etc)

edit: I didnt know in the OP I said I removed Books, I will fix that error

ok i have a question after flashing that modified rom from than till now and like hour ago or so my phone doesnt read my ext sd card in the setting it has the option mount sd card as if the slot is open but its not

That post about the shutter sound I did eat that post said found the csc_feature_shuttersound<false> erased put true faced n excited but the option still don't show

That post about the shutter sound I did eat that post said found the csc_feature_shuttersound<false> erased put true faced n excited but the option still don't show

general rule of thumb: always reboot phone after modifying things in your /system partition :)

This thread doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot in the way of feedback so maybe not a very popular phone? I would like to try this rom out since everything sounds like it's underwater when i'm on the phone and the stock rom sucks, so anyone using this rom reliably? I've tried updating everything in the phone and still not any better when i'm on a call. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

This thread doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot in the way of feedback so maybe not a very popular phone? I would like to try this rom out since everything sounds like it's underwater when i'm on the phone and the stock rom sucks, so anyone using this rom reliably? I've tried updating everything in the phone and still not any better when i'm on a call. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

I've been using this rom since it's the only one I see in the forums. It took a lil getting used to but honestly it's not bad. Props goes out to the developer, just needs a screenshot capture.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Just kinda waiting on some updates (hint hint lol) otherwise gonna try this soon. Just don't want to have to reset everything twice if I don't have to you know.

revive the links id like to try this rom, seems more slimed down and modified than koumajutsu's.....

can anyone make a custom thats not a modified stock but fully custom, like a kitkat rom for prevail2/ ring... i would love to run kitkat! i would do myself but dont know exactly what to do or how to make one lol... its a lil advanced for me... i would love to learn tho... any and all help would be appreciated!!!:p

edit--- also im running mh5 update.. love to keep it also

Hey so I just wanted to know if this ROM is going to get any further development or support. If not I think someone else 'round here would love to pick up development. Seeing as there's been no further reply from op since late January. I may have to find a stock and make a good flashable for you guys to play with.. So please update/suspend this please op. No use in having this with absolutely no links/support. Thx all. :)

Back
Top Bottom