• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rb3mod [LINKS DEAD....]

Just simply referred to the lack of links and or ability to find..(grudgingly.. I admit.) even with a few determined Google searches.. lol

some people would actually like to try this rom but the links are dead and the phone isnt old in my area... barely got release less than 1 yr... i have been looking for a very very slim rom that is superfast and possible custom boot animation... cant find ANY roms for this phone even with extensive google searching.......

If you're really interested, here's a few repos of what might be the major dev releases we have all found (I have emiled rbheromax and even asked about the work of raybst -- hint, if anybody wants to talk to this dev).

Galaxy Ring

Just my $.02,
- All of the threads about the ROMs are getting active again.
- These are some of the only 3G phones by Boost and Virgin for ~$80.
- It has been less than 6 months since the last real reply.
- Including the dev, I have PMed most of the people in discussion who have revealed that they had a copy of rb3mod-v2.zip.
- There are probably other users subscribed to receive updates to this thread.

All of you guys asking others to solve your problems need to realize that you are being the problem by not solving it. It is your problem (I don't even own this phone so it's definitely not mine).

NOW to close the thread could cripple some future development, unless we PM everybody back into the new thread.

Why not everybody start solving the problem? Get the mirror back up, update the rb3mod-v2.zip with some stupid little stuff and call it v3. According to comments, v2 was just fine. You shouldn't want more customizations because that's where everybody's differences come in to play. Any time you have a slim ROM running on an old phone with a new kernel driver-it is GOLD.

ok now my next question would be how or what to i do with the info in your 1st post because i dont see a download link just a files list. i am by no means an android super intellingence lol. my knowledge base goes as far as odin and flashing rom and kernel and rooting... i would love to learn more though... and also i have updated to mh5 with rb3mob's v6 kernel... i have koumajustus's stock rom which i have then used root delete ( i believe this is what it is called) and deleted apps not useful to me even tho they may be stock.... and thank you for your help ;-)

Just my $.02,
- All of the threads about the ROMs are getting active again.
- These are some of the only 3G phones by Boost and Virgin for ~$80.
- It has been less than 6 months since the last real reply.
- Including the dev, I have PMed most of the people in discussion who have revealed that they had a copy of rb3mod-v2.zip.
- There are probably other users subscribed to receive updates to this thread.

All of you guys asking others to solve your problems need to realize that you are being the problem by not solving it. It is your problem (I don't even own this phone so it's definitely not mine).

NOW to close the thread could cripple some future development, unless we PM everybody back into the new thread.

Why not everybody start solving the problem? Get the mirror back up, update the rb3mod-v2.zip with some stupid little stuff and call it v3. According to comments, v2 was just fine. You shouldn't want more customizations because that's where everybody's differences come in to play. Any time you have a slim ROM running on an old phone with a new kernel driver-it is GOLD.
... okay.. wow.. so first off... I never said to 'close the thread'.. my suggestion was to.. "please update/suspend this please op"...
Second.. you can't simply 'get the mirror back up'. It's the devs files and their account hosting said files.. 'this is not a hacking site fyi'..
Third... updating another's rom is just wrong.. and makes it different from the devs original plans.. did you seriously just suggest stealing this devs hard work? I'll over look that for this.... wanting/making 'more customizations' is what android is about.. you sure you meant to be in some IPhone forum?.. lol jkjk

you can't simply 'get the mirror back up'. It's the devs files and their account hosting said files.. 'this is not a hacking site fyi'..
Third... updating another's rom is just wrong.. and makes it different from the devs original plans.. did you seriously just suggest stealing this devs hard work? I'll over look that for this.... wanting/making 'more customizations' is what android is about.. you sure you meant to be in some IPhone forum?.. lol jkjk

Hello all,

very sorry mind does not work very well when tired, sometimes messages comes out different. I often refrain from posting at these hours oh well

I think it's great there is a custom kernel for the device (I wasn't too sure about the kernel files, myself) but basically there is only one base ROM, so by the sounds of it, you are pretty much up to v2 by making the few changes.

Now, please excuse my terminology your right it was not a mirror. But the entire site went down, not just that file, and it wasn't copyrighted to my knowledge, so I don't think rbheromax is trying to keep it away from us. There should be no problem with putting a link back up (I PMed pretty much everybody who might have the file) and also I don't think there is anything wrong with building upon another dev's ROM, actually isn't that how all ROMS are made (after updates from Google's devs, other devs build and other devs build)?

Thank you rbheromax.

Lol we need more helpful people like you here. Thank you very much Patrick. I was sleepy too. Lol and sorry if I've come off as a butt. ;)

You're welcome.. it's hard not to sound like you stink sometimes I know lol

PS. Here is the link to the kernel (I just now found it, wow!):

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-rin...-kernel-oc-rbheromax-rb3-kernel-v6-0-1-a.html

I'm actually helping my roommate, but his ROM has stopped working 2 times now. If i get to the bottom of this I will post up. I might even try running the SuperCharger script and installing Tor Browser, then posting the finished ROM.

Awesome-sauce! Ty my friend.. your awesome. If i dare say..This community is greatly appreciative of your efforts. :)

agreed! i havent had any problems with the koumajutsu rom ... it updates to mh5 just fine but this devs rom when updating softbricks with blue screen flash... then i have to use odin and start all over.. it has been trial and error lol between the 2 roms.. kou's works awesomely for me..... oh and btw the root delete i was talking about is actuallly called root app delete lol.... then i look up safe to remove bloatware and the closest i come is the s2/ s3 versions and remove only the safe stuff and the apps i know i can delete like most of the gapps i dont use.... here are the 2 links for the s2/ s3 safe to removes i use....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqTvctlW89DtdC1qVUlLeVFTV3ZOdUtDclpBdVRQOUE&pli=1#gid=0

Apps Safe to Remove from Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint Version, Stock Rooted) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

i actually noticed that both pages are for s3 but i follow those guides and have had no problems :D

if you come up with an awesome custom rom patrick_the_fat id be willing to give it a shot.... different boot animation would be awesome if this phone is capable ( not sure if it is or not... havent found good info on this)

i would so love for someone to teach me how to make custom rom and what all the details etc are of doing so so that i have a good understanding... then i could help devs and possibly become one....

i love this phone and it is one i have had the least issues with. i tend to try to keep my phones for a while if at all possible.... they tend to get expensive, but my hubby likes mine when i upgrade lol... he doesnt mind my leftovers :p....

anyhow thanks everyone!

patrick_the_fat has listed the correct and working links to the kernel and rom i use....

DaisFlaque--- the link you posted blue screen flashes upon reboot when you do the mh5 update.... not sure why.. :eek:

The link I posted was a repost of Patrick's links.. I have no idea what the file does.. I don't even own this devices.. just trying to help y'all out.. I'm sorry if it caused any problems.. I'll take it down if it's just causing problems...

how can i get the rb3mod rom its a dead link. and also cwm doesnt mount cache. i installed the odexed and deodexed and neither of them boot. i get unfortunately application installer has stopped. any help would be great thanks

the link above your message has the links to all the correct and working info you need.... please read full post and look at the dates... the developer is not responding to this post but i know for a fact the link above yours does work as i have tested them myself and it is what i am currently using

the versions your are trying to use will softbrick your phone!!!!

you will need odin which i think comes with the rom on that link as well as cwm to install that rom. at that point you will be able to update to mh5...

the link above your message has the links to all the correct and working info you need.... please read full post and look at the dates... the developer is not responding to this post but i know for a fact the link above yours does work as i have tested them myself and it is what i am currently using

the versions your are trying to use will softbrick your phone!!!!

you will need odin which i think comes with the rom on that link as well as cwm to install that rom. at that point you will be able to update to mh5...

would u happen to have a stock mh5 backup i could flash. i already tried to install those stock roms and am now soft bricked as i didnt first do a back up because i was sure everything worked because i have already flashed the rb3 rom to this phone about three months ago. now im stuck.

which rom are you refering to? i dont see a rom posted in that link!

you have a kernel, and a recovery in that link and a list of safe to remove apps, no rom!

Edit: i got everything fixed this is theworking link to the odin flashable link thanks to WolfieLuvs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qntbqz2pey6vy3e/SPH-M840_MH5_Stock.zip

might wanna add that to your thread.

I'll do it.. (if approved by op) Lol it's closed.. I'll just keep it open for future changes by the op. ;)
Guess it was a bad idea to close it after all.. hehe

OP thanks for updating your thread. :) and @ unotlikeme do you play pocket legends? I swear I have seen your name! lol

Back
Top Bottom