• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][RC][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 12/3/2014

i have found link2sd and foldermount tricky with this rom. also i know to move my junk over im talking about the 3+gigs of games i play. not pics and junk.
on a side note has anyone here tried the game "Vega Conflict" on this rom?
it keeps crashing on me pretty much as soon as i do anything :(
are u over clocked ur prosser?

Upvote 0
I've been having issues with random reboots and battery inaccuracy. I've switched kernals I think when going from AWEsome 1.6 to CM11 so I probably just need to recalibrate in regards to the battery. The random reboots I have no idea on but as a whole, I think CM11 might be my favorite.

The phone gets very warm and reboots if you overclock. Make sure that you provided adequate cooling. Check out http://androidforums.com/threads/possible-overheating-fix.873341/

Last edited:
Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
The phone gets very warm and reboots if you overclock. Make sure that you provided adequate cooling. Check out http://androidforums.com/threads/possible-overheating-fix.873341/
Hadnt thought about that. I have removed those covers and such but never bothered with the hole drilling aspect. What really sparks my interest with that is that I use a gel or something similar soft case with a hard plastic case designed to go over it. I'm wondering if perhaps my case is conserving enough heat to cause the reboots. I can't feel if the Awe is getting hot or not with the case on so of may have very well been happening and I just didn't know it.

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
I assume your new so welcome. I'm not the expert a lot of users here are but I can tell you this ROM (along with every other in this subforum) works on the ZTE Awe. I would say research what your wanting to do. Learn about it and figure out if that's for you or not. If you still want to proceed, this community is an awesome source of knowledge for the Awe. It has slowed down a bit here but still great. As far as this particular ROM, its my daily user and I love it. I can't get the Pure Audio Mod working though errrr! That's a really small thing and its almost certainly myself rather than the ROM that is the problem. As for getting the ROM flashed, I believe you'll need to be rooted with a custom recovery (I prefer TWRP for the touch interface) and you'll need to be familiar with making backups. The backups take up a bit of space but much better safe than sorry. As I said earlier, you'll need to follow instructions carefully so don't just take my word. I can promise you though that this is where you will find it all for the Awe. Great ROMs, community, support, and you can find any info you'll need here.

Upvote 0
Just a few minutes if I remember correctly. The first boot seems to take a bit longer with all Awe ROMs I've tried. Sometimes it can even feel unreasonably long and make you question the future uses of your phone/brick. It can take a bit and with that said, my thought would be that 5 minutes is more than enough time. If it hasn't booted within 5 minutes (just to be sure), something is wrong.

Upvote 0
Ok it booted and i flashed the gapps package with flash gordon app and ive rebooted but i still dont have any gapps what have i done wrong??
Just a few minutes if I remember correctly. The first boot seems to take a bit longer with all Awe ROMs I've tried. Sometimes it can even feel unreasonably long and make you question the future uses of your phone/brick. It can take a bit and with that said, my thought would be that 5 minutes is more than enough time. If it hasn't booted within 5 minutes (just to be sure), something is wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones