• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Resurrection Remix for Grand X Max+

HMT Chryssi

Ello! I am back with finally a Custom ROM for the ZTE Grand X Max+! This is only a Beta, So if there is any problems flashing let me know asap.

Special Thanks to:
hroark13 for the CM build for the ZMAX
Ethanbanker2428 for the ZMAX Build for RR
Masterchief87 for the pre-rooted update
and also XDA for the help.

CURRENT DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D_3RykpTgKZnZZcWp0V1hDMUU/view?usp=drivesdk

INSTRUCTIONS PAY ATTENTION
DO A BACKUP IF HAVE NOT DONE ONE YET (PLEASE DO OR HAVE THE PRE-ROOTED ZIP AROUND)
FACTORY WIPE (CRITICAL IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK)
INSTALL ROM
INSTALL GAPPS

Working:
Phone
Bluetooth
Audio
It boots

Not Working:
Camera
Part of the extra settings Misc. and the Status of the [About Phone]

#CyngiNation

Last edited:
Good work. I'm curious though as to why you aren't trying cm13. Since cm13 has been built for the Zmax already I don't think it would be any harder to do cm13 rather than cm12.1.

Good work. I'm curious though as to why you aren't trying cm13. Since cm13 has been built for the Zmax already I don't think it would be any harder to do cm13 rather than cm12.1.
I was kinda itching to, But I didn't want to come across any problems, So to be on the safe side I went ahead and did 12. Now if this does well maybe I can try my luck for 13.

I am about to test this for you as soon as I make a backup and back up my apps and info. Will the zte zmax twrp work fine for installing this rom and gapp or should I use something different? And if something wrong happens all I need to do is reinstall my backup right?

I am about to test this for you as soon as I make a backup and back up my apps and info. Will the zte zmax twrp work fine for installing this rom and gapp or should I use something different? And if something wrong happens all I need to do is reinstall my backup right?

Yes it'll work fine with zmax TWRP and yes.

ok i scrolled up on the log because its all one page and its says "E:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard1/cm-12.1-20160918c-UNOFFICIAL-cyangiALPHAzipfix(2).zip' after the unexpected transfer list version and then pretty much the exact same thing for GAPPS after unmounting /system

ok i scrolled up on the log because its all one page and its says "E:error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard1/cm-12.1-20160918c-UNOFFICIAL-cyangiALPHAzipfix(2).zip' after the unexpected transfer list version and then pretty much the exact same thing for GAPPS after unmounting /system

GApps is odd, But my Alpha is understandable. I'll rebuild my zip.

GApps is odd, But my Alpha is understandable. I'll rebuild my zip.
Just a random guess that GApps didnt work because the Alpha didnt. TWRP said there was no OS installed when I backed out before I reinstalled my backup which by the way went fine and my phone is back to normal. I will check back for when you update the Alpha and test it again for you.

Just a random guess that GApps didnt work because the Alpha didnt. TWRP said there was no OS installed when I backed out before I reinstalled my backup which by the way went fine and my phone is back to normal. I will check back for when you update the Alpha and test it again for you.

Just so you know, sometimes twrp will give you an error even though everything is actually fine. I've seen it dozens of times over the last couple years. If twrp gives an error flashing the ROM then just reboot twrp and flash gapps and then see if the ROM will boot. It won't hurt your phone if your phone gets stuck in a bootloop for longer than 10 minutes you just have to hold power and volume up until the phone vibrates and release the power button while continuing to hold volume up for a few more seconds and it will go back to twrp and let you restore your backup.

Just so you know, sometimes twrp will give you an error even though everything is actually fine. I've seen it dozens of times over the last couple years. If twrp gives an error flashing the ROM then just reboot twrp and flash gapps and then see if the ROM will boot. It won't hurt your phone if your phone gets stuck in a bootloop for longer than 10 minutes you just have to hold power and volume up until the phone vibrates and release the power button while continuing to hold volume up for a few more seconds and it will go back to twrp and let you restore your backup.
I will try it one more time when I am finished with my homework. I will do it in the order you describes. gapps then the ROM.

Did you build this using the kernel source from here: http://opensource.ztedevice.com ...? I noticed Cyanogenmod doesn't seem to have a fork of it (not that I could find anyway). It also says KitKat, no Lollipop kernel posted (but I did send an email asking for it [EDIT: I've gotten a reply saying: "We are working on the release, please check again after a few days,thank you."]). I have no experience building kernels from source, or I'd work on it myself, so many options I gave up trying. I do however, pride myself in being a nerd with a degree in Google-ology (also a Bachelors in Network Systems Administration, but it's from ITT Tech, so... ignore it :D ).
Anyway, looking forward to the new build, I'll flash it as soon as it's posted.

Last edited:
Did you build this using the kernel source from here: http://opensource.ztedevice.com ...? I noticed Cyanogenmod doesn't seem to have a fork of it (not that I could find anyway). It also says KitKat, no Lollipop kernel posted (but I did send an email asking for it [EDIT: I've gotten a reply saying: "We are working on the release, please check again after a few days,thank you."]). I have no experience building kernels from source, or I'd work on it myself, so many options I gave up trying. I do however, pride myself in being a nerd with a degree in Google-ology (also a Bachelors in Network Systems Administration, but it's from ITT Tech, so... ignore it :D ).
Anyway, looking forward to the new build, I'll flash it as soon as it's posted.
I may look at the Kernels that are already on the site. If Lollipop comes out let me know.

That is what I was thinking. Did you get the camera working? That should be the only thing that needs fixing other than editing a couple lines of text so that the info in about phone is correct.

I did keep the libs, Only problem is when I set it back to the img and back to a dat file. As vejj mentioned earlier the lists file had caused the flashable zip to fail. I am going to see what I do about that.

Back
Top Bottom