• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Resurrection Remix for Grand X Max+

Any help you need testing let me know, i have 2 x max +(one with a cracked screen) I for one really appreciate you taking this on, i love this phone the battety life is phenomenal and a custom ROM would be awesome.

Link updated! Hopefully Camera works otherwise I enabled the Nav Bar, and Edit the information a bit. Happy Flashing!

Just a quick update... I flashed the new build and my phone keeps powering off, sometimes during the boot animation, sometimes during the android is starting screen. Going to wipe and reflash and see if anything changes. Update: same results can't get past the android is starting process without phone shutting down and red charging light coming on (although it isn't plugged in), your getting closer keep up the hard work it is appreciated.

Last edited:
I wanted to get back to you as soon as I could, it doesn't boot, it won't make it past the boot image. I've tried 5 times. The first zip made it further bro.

I tried. I couldn't get the gapp to work. Said I had the wrong version and the one for 5.0 was needed. I tried booting up anyway for science. I got stuck then turned off. Booted back up again Cuz I was curious and it made it to the app part but then crashed again. It probably just needs the correct gapp? Its too late for me to try though. Got an early class tomorrow. Good work though!

I tried. I couldn't get the gapp to work. Said I had the wrong version and the one for 5.0 was needed. I tried booting up anyway for science. I got stuck then turned off. Booted back up again Cuz I was curious and it made it to the app part but then crashed again. It probably just needs the correct gapp? Its too late for me to try though. Got an early class tomorrow. Good work though!
The gapps have nothing to do with it,you just have to select the 5.1 gapp package. I used the correct gapps and can't get past the boot screen

I can't get your rom to boot. Black screen after CM bootanimation. (cm-12.1-20160921c-UNOFFICIAL-cyngifixish.zip)
Anyone want to help me build some kernels?
There are two on the site, one says KitKat 3.4.0 and my Lollipop is still on 3.4.0. Maybe they never updated the kernel.
So I thought I'd try this one first (Looks like an updated baseband):
https://github.com/TopherLee513/CRICKET_P862A11V1.0.0B09_kernel
I keep getting an error about the DOLBY_DAP dependency.
I just don't know where to put the "dolby_audio_processing.jar" file. I googled it a few times, nothing solid.
Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: Added support for USB OTG (Flash Drives), PS3/Wii/Logitech Controllers, USB SCSI and more. Just can't get it compiled. (No "/system/frameworks/" in the source :( )
Attached file is the .config file I edited to add new features to the Z987. I've dubbed it "TurboKernel"

Attachments

Last edited:
Can someone help me build some kernels?
There are two on the site, one says KitKat 3.4.0 and my Lollipop is still on 3.4.0. Maybe they never updated the kernel.
I just don't know where to put the "dolby_audio_processing.jar" file. I googled it a few times, nothing solid.
Thanks in advance.

Try to put it in /System/Framework.

EDIT: DON'T.I just seen your edit now.

Last edited:
I wanted to get back to you as soon as I could, it doesn't boot, it won't make it past the boot image. I've tried 5 times. The first zip made it further bro.

Yea, Something is up with the Kernels and .Prop. It seems as if I change things in the prop the ROM goes crazy.

Wait, You said you made it to the App part? Did it constantly FC on you? If so, What were the apps that FC'ed?

Wait, You said you made it to the App part? Did it constantly FC on you? If so, What were the apps that FC'ed?

Do you not have a Grand X Max+? If you do, then there is no reason for you to be posting builds that don't boot, or that you haven't flashed on your own device. This is ridiculous.

I for one do not have the know how to port or build ROMs, I do however have the intelligence to follow directions and i learn fast. So when there is a build that will boot I can test and report back bugs and anything else that is needed(ie. pulling logs etc...) I appreciate the work that others do for this device, I feel it doesnt get the love or attention of other devices because it is for cricket, I mean I have a nexus 5 that I dont use because the grand x max + is so much better with battery life and the only thing i do with the nexus is flash new roms and check out development but i know that it can no longer be my daily driver because of battery life alone. All that said is basically just to say thank u to ALL of you have been putting work in on this device since the kitkat days, there are those of us who appreciate it

I for one do not have the know how to port or build ROMs, I do however have the intelligence to follow directions and i learn fast. So when there is a build that will boot I can test and report back bugs and anything else that is needed(ie. pulling logs etc...) I appreciate the work that others do for this device, I feel it doesnt get the love or attention of other devices because it is for cricket, I mean I have a nexus 5 that I dont use because the grand x max + is so much better with battery life and the only thing i do with the nexus is flash new roms and check out development but i know that it can no longer be my daily driver because of battery life alone. All that said is basically just to say thank u to ALL of you have been putting work in on this device since the kitkat days, there are those of us who appreciate it
Yeah I'm just glad HMT is trying. If anything it's helping this device gain some attention and opening up some possibility. I have only owned this device for almost 2 weeks and I'm glad that the possibility of a CM ROM is happening. Really I'm surprised more hasnt been done with the max+ already. This phone kicks ass! The only problem I have really encountered is video lag. I hope a fix comes along.

I can't get your rom to boot. Black screen after CM bootanimation.
Anyone want to help me build some kernels?
Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: Added support for USB OTG (Flash Drives), PS3/Wii/Logitech Controllers, USB SCSI and more. Just can't get it compiled. (No "/system/frameworks/" in the source :( )
Attached file is the .config file I edited to add new features to the Z987. I've dubbed it "TurboKernel"
So if I flash this then the Kernal will perform faster and have more capabilities? Have you noticed any problems afterwords? Do I just simply install it via twrp with no other instruction? Sorry if I'm asking noob questions, lol.

So if I flash this then the Kernal will perform faster and have more capabilities? Have you noticed any problems afterwords? Do I just simply install it via twrp with no other instruction? Sorry if I'm asking noob questions, lol.

I can't compile the kernel yet, so there's nothing to flash. That's just the link to the kernel source in hopes someone can tell me what I'm missing. Once I get this built, I've already added new features that our device doesn't support from stock.

Back
Top Bottom